Hobbies

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

peterhook

What are your hobbies? Personally, my favorite thing to do is cook. I make all sorts of different things, cookies, cakes, pastas, chicken. It's something I liked to do when I was younger, and recently I started doing it again and love it.

As far as creativity is concerned, I like making handcrafts, especially by using decoupage technique. Additionally I like walking in the wild and photoshooting everything that's interesting to my eye (but i do not have the opportunity to do it often!).

But the best and utmost hobby for me is buying and growing orchids...:D:D:D

Spending time with my children and granddaughters! Shopping! Gardening on our land and naturalizing as many plants as possible! Used to do a lot of sewing when kids were little.Orchids top my list,too!!

Check out the 'what's fer dinner' thread & add to it!
Dog training started out as a hobby but then grew to a business and trying to improve my photo skills.

I drink red wine as a hobby........does that count?

Aside from that I am learning to play the violin, I read a lot of classic literature these days and I occasionally play online games. But the games are on the way out, I don't have much time for them anymore.

I also love to cook, and play music. I play the flute, piccolo, violin, and guitar, and I dabble a little in clarinet, trumpet, and piano. I also sing.

I'm also really interested in computers and video games, though I try not to spend too much time on the latter. Technology in general really fascinates me; I'm a bit of a "gadget geek".

I love photography, but I have tons to learn in that area. If I had more money, I'd buy a bunch of lenses and experiment. I think that's something to look forward to in the future.

Finally, I'm a bit of a storm watcher. I live in part of Canada's "tornado alley", and though our tornado alley doesn't see nearly as much action as its American counterpart, you can get some excitement if you know where to look for it (and you're lucky). Before I got into plants, it was my childhood ambition to become a meteorologist.

Cool Joe! I did not know you were a musician.
Lol I karaoke :p

Growing and learning about orchids! I am exploring the fine arts. I love painting, right now watercolor and acrylics. I also admire traditional chinese arts of all sorts. I also love photography, but I don't have any professional equiptment yet. I also always enjoyed the sciences and botany.

Cool Joe! I did not know you were a musician.
Lol I karaoke :p

Growing and learning about orchids! I am exploring the fine arts. I love painting, right now watercolor and acrylics. I also admire traditional chinese arts of all sorts. I also love photography, but I don't have any professional equiptment yet. I also always enjoyed the sciences and botany.

Your photos are amazing, especially considering you don't have any professional equipment!

I did forget to mention that I like drawing, but I am horrible at painting! :p

And definitiely orchids are my favorite hobby!

I'm pretty sure Heather determined it was spam and closed peterhook's account several hours ago.

it is. that's why there's no plant reference.

It's considered spam to ask about people's hobbies in the "Hobbies and Critters" section? It says next to the title of the page: "Have a hobby BESIDES orchid growing?" To me, that would imply that there is no plant reference needed. There's no plant reference in the several threads about hobby railroading, and no one called that spam... and that's just one out of many examples. I'm confused...

Now if this person had posted spam elsewhere on the forum that we don't know about, THAT would explain why he was banned.

Nah I don't think it's considered spam to ask about hobbies in the hobbies section. :) The person in question made three consecutive posts about a minute apart and none of them were about orchids. He introduced himself as Peter. Then he started a thread asking what top he should wear on Valentine's day with his skirt. In the introduction thread, his opening spiel sounded very much like the nonspecific suck-up language spam posters frequently use when attempting to sully my blog (thank goodness for spam filters!) so I'm thinking Heather definitely made the right call in this instance. :wink:

Nah I don't think it's considered spam to ask about hobbies in the hobbies section. :) The person in question made three consecutive posts about a minute apart and none of them were about orchids. He introduced himself as Peter. Then he started a thread asking what top he should wear on Valentine's day with his skirt. In the introduction thread, his opening spiel sounded very much like the nonspecific suck-up language spam posters frequently use when attempting to sully my blog (thank goodness for spam filters!) so I'm thinking Heather definitely made the right call in this instance. :wink:

Okay. That makes sense.

You guys are slower than molasses in winter. :) You must've recommended a Valentine's dress, top, and shoes for Peterhook too. :rollhappy:

-Ernie

THAT would explain why he was banned.

To be clear, we don't make a habit of banning people. We simply delete anyone who's a spammer. It's common practice for spammers to sneak into forums with a legit user name and post some random nonsense(usually). Then, once they see their posts have appeared they hit the forum with their spam or send PM's to members.

Latest posts

Back