Ho Chi Minh - To Pinch or Not to Pinch

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masaccio

Reaction score
I have a fairly recently acquired Ho Chi Minh. The mother plant had bloomed and had started two new growths when it arrived. The growths are different sizes. A larger one and a significantly smaller one. I'm wondering if I nip off the smaller growth if the larger growth will mature more quickly. Or does this cultivar naturally tend to clump naturally? Thanks!

I have a fairly recently acquired Ho Chi Minh. The mother plant had bloomed and had started two new growths when it arrived. The growths are different sizes. A larger one and a significantly smaller one. I'm wondering if I nip off the smaller growth if the larger growth will mature more quickly. Or does this cultivar naturally tend to clump naturally? Thanks!

lucky you! Don’t pinch! If the plant blooms, the smaller growth will support the larger growth. If they bloom at the same time, they will support themselves. If the larger growth blooms, finishes and then the smaller growth spikes, the rest of the plant will then support that bloom. More growths = more food.

Latest posts

Back