Ho Chi Minh (made with dunkel delenatii)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
I purchased this about a year ago and have been growing it under T8.
It is blooming for the first time.
The first flower had been in bloom for about one week before brown spots started to appear, and now the second bud is opening up.
My first HCM years ago barely lasted three days before brown spots started to show up.
So, I got to enjoy this flower for twice as long! :)

The petals opened up rather narrow, but then they grew full like this in just two days time.
The flower is about 10cm wide.
No scent.

e3tthjUl.jpg

Ah, nice... a hybridization that makes sense (unlike f.ex.delenatii x godefroyae)...at least in my eyes!

Very nice flower, and although Leslie might be right, that clones with darker pouches can be found, I find the colouration of yours with the douce pink shading of the petals very lovely and tend to side with happyrotter! ;)

If it stays flat like that its a winner!
Yes, the petals stayed nice and flat the whole time. The dorsal twisted around slightly more, though.
I removed the flower today since it was having a lot of brown marks meaning it's done anyway, and the second flower was opening up right next to the older one and being squashed by it.
It lasted for good one week, which I'm happy with. My first HCM last barely three days before the brown spots started showing up.

Yes, the petals stayed nice and flat the whole time. The dorsal twisted around slightly more, though.
I removed the flower today since it was having a lot of brown marks meaning it's done anyway, and the second flower was opening up right next to the older one and being squashed by it.
It lasted for good one week, which I'm happy with. My first HCM last barely three days before the brown spots started showing up.

I stopped growing this and gave away a 5 flowered clone because of the flower longevity... (and i grow sobralias, go figure)

would be nice to see a clone that lasted for a week or so... are you considering a sib cross?

Very nice. I really like the foliage on this plant. The flowers on mine lasted a couple of week this time. The stem and bud are quite attractive as they’re developing.

I stopped growing this and gave away a 5 flowered clone because of the flower longevity... (and i grow sobralias, go figure)

would be nice to see a clone that lasted for a week or so... are you considering a sib cross?

Sobralias...flowers that last one day, right? Yikes!
No, I don't have any other HCM to make a sib cross.

Very nice. I really like the foliage on this plant. The flowers on mine lasted a couple of week this time. The stem and bud are quite attractive as they’re developing.
I love vietnamense leaves and the leaves of its hybrids. Especailly, the glossy texture!

Ah, nice... a hybridization that makes sense (unlike f.ex.delenatii x godefroyae)...at least in my eyes!

Very nice flower, and although Leslie might be right, that clones with darker pouches can be found, I find the colouration of yours with the douce pink shading of the petals very lovely and tend to side with happyrotter! ;)

I love hybrids and I like this hybrid, but in my opinion, vietnamense is still prettier. A good one, that is, of course. ;)

Beautiful flower with intense colouration and a good shape. Disadvantage of HCM is their short flowering period.

I love hybrids and I like this hybrid, but in my opinion, vietnamense is still prettier. A good one, that is, of course. ;)

But it's hard and maybe expensive to find that good P. vietnamense which could be coequal.

It is a beautiful flower. Congratulations. All looks like this form has a predisposition to "spots" when developing the flower. Actually my Ho-Chi-Ming is blooming, with two buds in the same stick, and some small brown spot have appeared. Avoiding a bigger damage, have "painted" them with Mancoceb.

Beautiful flower with intense colouration and a good shape. Disadvantage of HCM is their short flowering period.

But it's hard and maybe expensive to find that good P. vietnamense which could be coequal.

True. But then again, generally and unfortunately, a good flower of anything whether it is a species or a hybrid is hard and expensive to find.

Latest posts

Back