Ho Chi Min

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a pretty flower, and missed out on having an awesome display this year since 4 out of the 5 buds aborted in early sheath 😫. Here is the plant. It has 5 active new growths on it now, so maybe I'll have a shot again next year... fingers crossed.

Attachments

• HCMP.JPG
    HCMP.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 29
The flower of your Ho Chi Minh is gorgeous and what a well grown plant. Only the pattern of the foliage make it worth to grow it. Fingers crossed for more flowers in the future. 🤞

Longer lasting than most I’ve seen and grown. Good cultivar there.

What conditions is plant currently in? I’m curious whether the environment or genes that are giving the flower longevity.

It always flowers in June during the monsoon season, so humidity remains high, averaging above 60%. High/low temperatures are 26-30 C/20-24 C, respectively. I'm careful to not get any water on the flower and the plant is kept well watered. The flower is still looking about the same today. I'd say it is typically pristine for 10 days, and the gets a little disheveled after that but lasts another 5 days before completely finishing. It is from Taiwan, but I have no details about the cross.

Latest posts

Back