Hiroki Tanaka

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
A primary hybrid between armeniacum and wenshanense.
It bloomed for the first time last summer with some major dimple on the pouch.
The dimple is present on this second bloom but not as badly.
This photo was taken when the flower barely opened up. It has no green hue now and is intense yellow which I love.
The leaves are also very nice on this particular plant, which unfortunately came out rather blurry in the photo.

zgTuCy5l.jpg

t1d66a0l.jpg

If you hadn't mentioned the dimple this time round, I doubt, if I had noticed it! And I can only second David, it's indeed a strikning flower. But those leaves...It's like spider web silhouets of small flowers or plants. Very gorgeous!

If you hadn't mentioned the dimple this time round, I doubt, if I had noticed it! And I can only second David, it's indeed a strikning flower. But those leaves...It's like spider web silhouets of small flowers or plants. Very gorgeous!

You are now a hybrid fancier! ;)
I'm waiting on my other plant of this hybrid but it has been very slow and cranky, which is unfortunate.

You are now a hybrid fancier! ;)
Well, within certain limits! But right you are, it's another step down the slipper(y) slope and into the dark side! 😁
I have, even, recently acquired a couple of cross-sectional hybrids, although, I normally tend to be against the results of this kind of endeavours in hybridization. But you must have a heart of stone to resist: P. Alexej and Dollgoldii. But they are very young youngplants - and with the high child mortality rate in my collection, I'm not putting my hopes too high!

Thank you all.
Now, the only thing I'm asking for this flower is that the next bloom (or the after, or the one after that after haha) will have no major rolling back of the petals. I really enjoy the leaves while waiting for the bloom. :)

Well, within certain limits! But right you are, it's another step down the slipper(y) slope and into the dark side! 😁
I have, even, recently acquired a couple of cross-sectional hybrids, although, I normally tend to be against the results of this kind of endeavours in hybridization. But you must have a heart of stone to resist: P. Alexej and Dollgoldii. But they are very young youngplants - and with the high child mortality rate in my collection, I'm not putting my hopes too high!

There was a member here who bought a very nice Alexej in boom. A very large & golden yellow. Sam (Orchid Inn) had Dollgoldi flasks available not too long ago, and now large seedlings of that cross is available. I have two large Dollgoldi (one is finally in sheath!!), but I am very tempted to get another one or two just to try my luck on these potentially gorgeous cross! :)

Once your plants get past certain size, they will grow on very well. I tried Delrosi from a flask and the seedlings took a very long time to pick up a speed. and there is of course, vast difference in vigor among individual plants. These multi x parvi/brach in general have been the best growers in my limited experience though.
My Dollgoldi were both purchased as a single growth plant and now both are a multiple-growths plant.
One has over a dozen fans and I plan on either tossing (no flowering for a few years I have had it and it is getting too big to handle) or chopping up into pieces. The other one has six growths and all of them have dark colored sheaths. I don't have my hope unless I see actual buds out of them.
Harold Koopowitz took its sweet time (5years!!) since I bought it as a large seedling while back. Once it bloomed though, it sent up 3-5 new growths at once! I got rid of it, though. wasn't too fond of the flowers on that clone. Might get a new one from Sam. A member in my society got one from Sam and bloomed it. It had such nice shape, size and color!
Then, I have Rolfei ( bellatulum x roth). They grow like crazy without every blooming for me. My patience is about to expire with them.
Finally, Gloria Naugle...I have a bunch of these. None of them are good growers. Forget the flowers. hahaha

........and with the high child mortality rate in my collection, I'm not putting my hopes too high!

Jens, you can reduce the mortality of your young plants when you put them in a transluscent plastic box/contaiber and water only on the bottom of this container. I keep the lid open a gap wide ans so far I have achieved good results. Maybe you knew this already before......

Latest posts

Back