Hi from the province of Quebec

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi !

I live in the province of Quebec. I am a plant enhousiast. I grow many plants outdoor (many perennials, shrubs, trees... 3 000 different species and varieties. Amongs them, a few hardy orchids)

I have a small collection of tropical orchids (250 plants) Many young Paphs and Phrags, some mature plants. Some Oncidiums intergeneric, Catts and others. I grow them in the basement (one 1000 W HPS lights, many T5 and T12 fluos).

And I don’t write English very well ! So please be patient... I think I will write only very short sentences. It’s funny since I am known for writing very long sentences in French.

I am here to learn more about orchids (specialy slippers).

And here is a test for a picture :

PhaiocalantheKryptoniteChariotsofFire_web_modifi-1.jpg

Welcome from Florida! Bienvenue sur le forum!

Phaiocalanthe Kryptonite, right? Dare I guess the clone too... 'Chariots of Fire' HCC/AOS?

thanks a lot, everybody!!

Yes Ernie!!! You got it! 8 spikes. Still a baby! It is very similar to my"Bloodbath"... Identitical, in fact. I think I bought 2 Chariots of Fire, in fact. I have "Ursula" too.

Do you grow those plants?

Do you grow those plants?

Well, sorta. We use them and Spathoglottis like Hosta down here aparently. :) So I just dug a hole and let mother nature do the growing so far. We moved here from Chicago this summer and I've been like a kid in a candy store.

:clap::clap: Glad you joined us! Your test picture worked, very nice subject you picked!
If 250 plants is a small collection, what is medium or large? :poke:

Lise, I hope you are happy with the publication of Laurier's obit in the Montreal Orchid Society Journal. For most of you who never heard of Laurier Nappert, he was an orchid, breeder and plant enthousiast in Quebec. He also wrote a beginner book on orchids. Laurier died last spring and Lise wrote his obit.
As for the Jason Fischer and lycaste, I hope everything is well with them. My own division of JF suffered heavily in last summer heat and I'm not sure if it will survive.
I look forward to seeing your pics on this great forum.

Michel

Latest posts

Back