Hi from the north pole

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

ajintboo

ok, maybe upstate NY is not the north pole but it sure feels like it today. i've been lurking on this forum for a while learning about slippers. its about time i said 'hi'.

i have a few phals and cats, but only one slipper (which is my newest orchid). for some reason i have become very attracted to slippers. could someone please tell me what is so alluring about slippers? i really don't need another addiction.

sarah

ajintboo said:
could someone please tell me what is so alluring about slippers? i really don't need another addiction.

sarah

The answer to your question is easy...
Slippers are very highly intelligent life forms that likes to keep humans a pets. Humans love slippers like dogs love humans.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Welcome.
Its like you're walking down the street minding your own business, then WHAM!
Slipper addict. First it was Angraecoids, then Phrags, now a bit of Paph on the weekends.

i live near Ithaca.

this slipper addiction is very stange...the phals and cats don't seem to have the same attraction. my paph has invited a fellow paph to come live here. this could be the beginning of an invasion.

thank you for the warm welcome.
Sarah

Welcome!
I lived in Skaneateles for a little while. My wife's family is still there, they just returned to the great white north from down here. Paphs and slippers are very adictive! Be wary!
TADD

ajintboo said:
i live near Ithaca.

this slipper addiction is very stange...the phals and cats don't seem to have the same attraction. my paph has invited a fellow paph to come live here. this could be the beginning of an invasion.

thank you for the warm welcome.
Sarah

Be careful, my first Paph loved inviting other Paphs...I think there is somewhere over 90 of them these days.:rollhappy:

:D Those slippers, they're so smart they'll sneak up on you early in the morning and smack you with the watering can 'til you get up and water them.:poke: :D

NYEric said:
Welcome from NYC. There are some places w/ wild slippers near you.

yes, i've seen the wild slippers on my hikes in the woods. they are very beautiful! they are probably the cause of my slipper fever. next time i find a wild slipper i'll post a picture, but that won't be till the snow melts.:wink:
sarah

ajintboo said:
for some reason i have become very attracted to slippers. could someone please tell me what is so alluring about slippers? i really don't need another addiction.

sarah

Welcome, Sarah! Don't worry about acquiring another addiction. Slipper orchids will cure you of all other addictions and become your only addiction.

it is the beginning of a lot more slipper purchases....they just seem to sneak their way into your life.

NYEric said:
OK and stop sending that snow down to the City.
oh but i enjoy watching snow in the City (on TV)...you guys look so funny when trying to deal with it! we got another 6" today. sarah

Park Bear said:
it is the beginning of a lot more slipper purchases....they just seem to sneak their way into your life.
they really are sneaky little buggers...its amazing how such a quite little plant can demand so much attention. sarah

Latest posts

Back