Hi from South Africa

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DavidM

Hi all

I am David, from not so sunny South Africa. I have been growing Orchids for about 4 years now. I have been bitten by the Paph bug after visiting a fellow Forum member's (Gideon) greenhouse in Johannesburg about a year ago, I had never seen such lovely blooms.

Well, needless to say he sent me home with a box full of Paphs as a present to get me started. Shortly after that I inherited a few greenhouses with many Paphs, Cymbidiums, Cattleya, and Oncidiums....but the Paphs are mainly old Complex hybrids...and I really like the Multiflorals.

So there we are, enough about me, I am here to learn more about Slippers

David,

Welcome to the forum!

Yes, Gideon is the best!

We would love to see some of your complexs in bloom!

thanks

David, glad to see you finally made it over here, welcome!!!

How are the floods in your area? Were you affected? We had a terrible wind storm, which blew one of the Orchid house's roof off, and had a light dusting of snow...needless to say that I have lost a few Phrags so far...so much for cool growers :poke:

Gideon said:
David, glad to see you finally made it over here, welcome!!!

How are the floods in your area? Were you affected? We had a terrible wind storm, which blew one of the Orchid house's roof off, and had a light dusting of snow...needless to say that I have lost a few Phrags so far...so much for cool growers :poke:
Yes I finally made it.

We had some flooding here, according to the newspapers we had more than 380mm of rain in 4 days, a lot of the farm is under water and the greenhouses are water logged, but all is OK.
Pity about your Phrags, you can always send them to the coast to recover :poke:

Latest posts

Back