Hi from Montréal - Canada

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treefrog

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm from Montréal QC -CANADA. I have been growing orchids for 9 years now. I first ran into orchids when I was living in Malaysia (at the time I was in high school). Orchids were virtually present everywhere as Malaysia (like some other country of South-East Asia) were a major productor and exporter or orchids as cutflower. When I came back in Canada for University my fascination for living things led me to biology. It is mostly during my Master, which occured at the Montreal Botanical garden that I had the time and the ressources to expand my knowledge in orchids. I was guided by very good grower and I spent many spare time in the in-vitro culture lab. Now I'm working on the evolution and conservation of Neotropical amphibians but I want to invest a little bit more time in orchids as they are really a way of relaxing and changing my mind. In general I am someone very interested and concerned by ecosystem conservation and I see orchids as a umbrella familly serving this purpose.
I've subscibed today in order to learn from everyone about slipper culture as well as to share my experiences and observation in the natural habitat. Also, I'm looking foward to continue in-vitro culture and I believe it is a good place for gathering small hints as well as developping friendship.
All the best
Math

:clap: :clap:WELCOME to the forum!:clap: Sounds fascinating - good for you! Best of luck!

Welcome, Math !!!

viannen_01.gif

Latest posts

Back