Hi from LA (first post)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I should admit that I have been lurking this forum for awhile, and have finally decided to stop being shy and say hello. I've been growing paphs, phrags and the occasional oddball for a little over 10 years now, as a hobby (a very expensive hobby that has taken over half my house). I am trying to grow mostly species these days. I haven't purchased an orchid since October when my Dollgoldii 'Oso Grande' was ruthlessly destroyed by my 8 month old puppy. My birthday is at the end of this month and I have decided to get over the heartbreak by spending more money then I should, and I thought there no better way to end my brief orchid growing hiatus by talking with some fellow enthusiasts. That's probably more info then any of you wanted.

First bloom off of Paph. venustum

Welcome...no need to be shy here!! What ashame about your Dollgoldi but that is a puppy for you. So what is your favorite Paph or Paphs? I'm in to roths and it's primary hybrids. That make up most of my Paph collection. What do you have lined up for your birthday present ???

Hummm...

Ron-NY said:
Welcome...no need to be shy here!! What ashame about your Dollgoldi but that is a puppy for you. So what is your favorite Paph or Paphs? I'm in to roths and it's primary hybrids. That make up most of my Paph collection. What do you have lined up for your birthday present ???

Favorite paph, that's a tough one. Despite my leanings towards the long lanky type I have a Paph malipoense which I love to death (big blooms, 16+ inch spikes), and Paph fairrieanum comes to mind. For my birthday I am thinking about a Paph kolopakingii 'Riopelle' I'm still debating though.

Thanks guys!

SlipperFan said:
Welcome, Julia. Sorry about the Dolgoldii. Still have the puppy???

Thanks for all of the welcome messages! I look forward to contributing were I can here. I'm glad I found this forum, It's always neat to talk to people who are interested in the same things but know a staggering amount more. Yes, I still have the puppy, he's 105 pounds now mind you.

Latest posts

Back