Hi from Down Under

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

Froggle

Hi all, I'm new here & am completely new to slippers. I don't have any yet but am keen to learn about them. I have a few other orchids which I grow in 2 paludaria (like vivariums with water at the bottom & fish living in the water) & then a few more outside. I'm really interested in learning more about the smaller varieties & finding out if there are any that might be happy in one of my paludarium. The other challenge for me being in Oz is finding plants I can access here so I'd appreciate any tips on that one too! :)

Hi Stone, Ozpaph, 17andgrowing, MaryPientka, Slipperfan & NYEric.

Gosh thanks for the welcoming replies - I never expected so many so quickly! I'm in Adelaide SA.

I will post some pictures for you NYEric - I just have to figure out how to reduce the size of photos but that's a job for another day.

Regards
Laura

Hi Stone, Ozpaph, 17andgrowing, MaryPientka, Slipperfan & NYEric.

I will post some pictures for you NYEric - I just have to figure out how to reduce the size of photos but that's a job for another day.

Regards
Laura

You dont have to reduce the size ( though aim for less than 1000 pixels across) if you use a 3rd party image sharer eg http://img.acianetmedia.com/ . Then cut and paste the BBcode. Cheers.

Hi all, thanks again for the welcome & sorry it's taken so long to post the promised pictures.

Using your suggestion Ozpaph - here goes!

Paludarium 1. I currently have a Sarcochilis hybrid, a noid Vanda & an unknown masdevallia establishing themselves in there:
0tuqZ.jpg

A pic of two of the inhabitants:
cwzHp.jpg

My other paludarium - sorry for the awful picture. I was hoping to find a small slipper orchid that might be happy in here? It's the wetter of the two tanks:
8Vpj1.jpg

I'd love some suggestions as to what plants you think might grow happily in there.

Latest posts

Back