Hi everyone!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juliana

Reaction score
I've been learning a lot from you Slippertalk folks over the years, and would like to become an active member. I think I have figured out how to post photos, but please any suggestions would be appreciated.

I've been growing for over 15 years here in Chicago. I'm on the 18th floor with a northern exposure and about 100 orchids. It's a mixed collection, so I do use some supplemental lighting, t5s and t8s.

I'm a longtime member of the Illinois Orchid Society. I learn so much just chatting with my fellow members and seeing what they bring for the show table.

Growing orchids for me has always been about the contemplation of beauty,
but added to that is the challenge of being a good grower, and the exoticism of the plants themselves. I'm growing and blooming East Indian wildflowers in my living room! I think that's so cool!

Julie Hall

Welcome too from Boston. Hope you figure out how to post soon so we can see some of your orchids and wild flowers. If you follow the instructions posted somewhere in the forum and then post a few times you will quickly get the hang of it.

Wildflowers in my living room

Well I don't have trillium or may apples over here, but when I see the in situ photos on this site of plants like Paph. purpuratum, that is what I think of. They are the tropical wildflowers of India.

Latest posts

Back