Hi everyone.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still working on the photo thing. Actually I got it by mail and the guy said it's from shipping- shock and being wet I guess. Makes sense but with only one growth I'd rather not lose leaves. The bud looks good though and really big.

I'm still working on the photo thing. Actually I got it by mail and the guy said it's from shipping- shock and being wet I guess. Makes sense but with only one growth I'd rather not lose leaves. The bud looks good though and really big.

I'd be very cautious of that seller.

Hey Boston and New York! Yeah actually I did find a local place that has some. It's not exactly close though and expensive. I did get one of those Raisin pie orchids there last year. Cool leaves. Are those things related to the Purpuratum?

Cypripedium (Cyps) are generally harder to grow because they mostly need vernalization, a cooling down period for them to hibernate. Papiopedilum (Paphs) are more tropical and easier to grow in human environments. Phragmipedium and Selenipedium are other types of slipper orchids

Yeah there are some Cypripediums in Vermont where I grew up. 99% of the time you don't see them because they hide under leaves and pine needles. I would try growing them outdoors except for all the rabbits that eat everything.

Latest posts

Back