Hi all

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynette

Reaction score
My name is Lynette and I live in Australia, have quite a few slipplers and, well in my collecion of orchids I have a very lot of different types of orchids, but love my slippers. thanks for having me in the group.

Welcome Lynette! I hope you and all our Aussie friends are safe. It seems every year I read about terrible heat and fires in Australia.

Welcome Lynette. Where are you from in Australia?

Welcome Lynette! I hope you and all our Aussie friends are safe. It seems every year I read about terrible heat and fires in Australia.

Last weekend was unbelievably hot. Quite a lot of blackouts caused by the intense heat. I was worried if there was a blackout at my place the orchids in my glasshouse would cook. Fortunately the only blackout we had was at 6.00 AM in the morning so no damage done.

Never heard of a blackout from heat, welcome to slippertalk

The demand for electricity was so high due to coolers etc the system overloaded.

Welcome to SlipperTalk from Kentucky. More Aussie friends are always welcome here.

That is nice to hear. I thought we were almost ready to go to war with the US at one point. :)

Latest posts

Back