Hi again :-)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernd_S

Bernd
Reaction score
Hi, My name is Bernd and I am interested in orchids since ~ 45 years. Since I live (with ma two dogs) in Germany, exactly in Allgaeu, near Füssen (Neuschwanstein) I heard from this English forum recently by a friend who is a member here. 45 years ago i started with a P. villosum and a Rossioglossum grande (who is still alive) and the "shoes" are still my main area of ​​interest. I cultivate in all places accessible to me (why?). On the window sills, in the greenhouse and in my garden. My home is near the mountains at 800 NN, not easy, but it enables the culture of many alpine plants. Even shoes ....
For space reasons, I therefore predominantly cold-temperate orchids. Besides my main interest is in "shoes" I have a lot of Chinese Cymbidium and cold Cologyne and Dendrobiums, even individual Masdevallia and Dracula but for them - as I said - i have very little (proper) place.
In Facebook I have many pictures of my plants, but perhaps there is also the possibility here to create albums.
Greetings
Bernd

Attachments

• Cyp.fargesii_b.JPG
    Cyp.fargesii_b.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Cymb_goeringii.JPG
    Cymb_goeringii.JPG
    7.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Hunde.jpg
    Hunde.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 52
Glad to meet you Bernd!
Hope you'll post photos of your plants!
You forgot one thing - intro to your dogs! Is the one a Malinois?

Welcome to Slippertalk, Bernd! I am very impressed that you have kept a Rossioglossom grande alive for 45 years!

Nice-looking dogs, also!

Hallo Bernd!!!! Great that you made it to our forum, the best :) !!!! I hope you will show some of your specimen to our members !!! Jean

Thanks to all :)
@Paphreek: my fargesii lives since 5 years outdoors with flowers and see capsules. Every year it is a little bit larger. Thes year i hope it will get 2 shoots (?) Water protection (really dry in Winter!) but no frost protection. Last year we had -28°C for more than 1 Week. No Problem.

Welcome from Belgium Bernd. We probably have the same culture limitations vs temperature and light!

@Brabantia greetings to Belium, I lived near Luxembourg long times :) No My garden is at Allgaeu, near the mountains at 800 NN (Füssen/Neuschwanstein) USDA 6b to 5. Not so atlantic as Belgium. More continental. Because the Mountains often heavy rain (mainly Juni/July) and snow. Snow somtimes in Juni. In winter (most Jan/Feb) often strong wind from south (called "Foehn") wit very warm temeratures (up to 15°C) and somtimes hours later frost again. Today, its snowing.

Welcome from Kentucky! I'd like to know more about your beautiful
dogs too. One looks like a GSD and I can't see the other one very well.
Anyone who loves orchids and dogs is one great human being.

Hi abax, the left one ist german sheperd x Malamut , thr rigt one is a belgian shepert or Malinois. She´s a real devil, but likes orchids, especially all flowers who smells.The´s my co-gardener ;-) and always behind me.
Both dogs are skilled (?), The left one is my (psycho-)therapydog.
regards
Bernd

Love the GSD Malamute mix...that's one very handsome dog. Haven't you
noticed that ALL our good friends are dogs to the end? I have four dogs
and along with my husband are my very best friends...and psychotherapists. When you have the opportunity, I'd love to see a better
photo of the Malinois.

Latest posts

Back