"hey, it's me. Soooo sorry I didn't call you back earlier...."

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

MoreWater

"... so I have news on pretty much all fronts. blah blah blah. So call me back."

Do you get voicemail like this? I mean, people, if you get my voicemail and the name of the person you're trying to call is not me, don't leave a damn message, or at least say who you are and who you're trying to reach. And please, I don't want to hear about X or about Y. :fight:

Why is this happening all of a sudden? :mad:

I wish. I'm totally swamped at work this month and it's all I can do to not screw up the essentials. Like the ability to eat. I admit to even drinking from the "Get ***" line of Republic of Tea teas.....

Currently leaching my drainage-less algae- and moss-infested tub of catts 'n diatomite. Then I can start panicking that it's almost Monday.

occasionally, i've been getting pre-recorded telemarketing calls in spanish. i don't speak spanish...

Heather said:
Ki,
I'm confused. These people calling you, do you know them? Are they friends who just don't identify themselves, or is this some new kind of phone spam?

no, these aren't people I know. And it doesn't seem to be phone spam - I did a reverse look up on one, and it traced to a residential address. Truly seems that people are trying to reach someone they know. And since they don't say who they're calling, I have no idea if it's one person who memorized her/his number wrong.

I do get the automated messages as well! :viking:

MoreWater said:
no, these aren't people I know. And it doesn't seem to be phone spam - I did a reverse look up on one, and it traced to a residential address. Truly seems that people are trying to reach someone they know. And since they don't say who they're calling, I have no idea if it's one person who memorized her/his number wrong.

I do get the automated messages as well! :viking:

Ahh, so this is a wrong number person. One of these days you will have to be home when they call so you can give them a nice phone ettiquette lesson!

I once had a lady call and it was the wrong number and I told her so. She replied with "Do you know how I can get a hold of Susan?" And I told her no, i have no idea who Susan is and she has the wrong number. She then proceeded to curse me out.

lienluu said:
I once had a lady call and it was the wrong number and I told her so. She replied with "Do you know how I can get a hold of Susan?" And I told her no, i have no idea who Susan is and she has the wrong number. She then proceeded to curse me out.

You should've told her how to get a hold of Susan. It was probably important.

Heather said:
Ahh, so this is a wrong number person.

No, this would be wrong number people. You know, it's not like my voice mail greeting doesn't ID my name - if people would listen, they would know they've got the wrong number.

Almost as annoying as those political polls who leave lots of "hello? hello? .... hello?" on my voice mail.

If Susan calls, I'll be sure to give her the message. ;)

Latest posts

Back