Hey from Portland

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdxpaphguy

seedling
Reaction score
I've been lurking on line for a while and finally joined. Hopefully I can contribute to the forum in the future. This place is a wealth of knowlege.

I've been interested in growing various plants for a long time but have only been growing orchids for a couple years now. I've become obsessed with paphs while my wife has maintained a much more healthy interest in phals and other "pretty" and scented orchids. Right now I have around 30 paphs with another several on order:D Currently, I grow on window sills but I'm rapidly running out of room so I've started building a small green house. We'll see how long that takes to fill up.

I'm looking forward to more dicussions.
David

hehe---it only takes one. And then more come and then more and then before you know it you have a jungle! Congrats on being bitten by the orchid bug! Join the ranks of the orchid people! :)

Bluefirepegasus

welcome from Luxembourg, David

Unfortunately, to my experience, the chance is extreme that it will be too small; we shall talk about in some years;)
Jean

Unfortunately, to my experience, the chance is extreme that it will be too small; we shall talk about in some years;)Jean
Hey Jean you are thinking too pessimistically. I think we shall talk about that issue in few months already !!!! :rollhappy:
Hello and welcome from Germany, GuRu

Welcome from Seattle......

I agree, figure out how large of a greenhouse that you want, then multiply by 3. That will be a decent beginning.....

Thanks everyone for the friendly welcome.

I hear you on the "go as big as possible on the greenhouse." But I need to ease my wife into the idea of the whole back yard being greenhouse(s):D I'll start with a small one but I have my eye on the vegetable garden space if (o.k., when, who am I kidding) I out grow the first one.

Talk to you more soon.
David

I hear you on the "go as big as possible on the greenhouse." But I need to ease my wife into the idea of the whole back yard being greenhouse(s):D I'll start with a small one but I have my eye on the vegetable garden space if (o.k., when, who am I kidding) I out grow the first one.Talk to you more soon.David
What size are you considering? I started with an 8 X 12 & have had it for about 15 years now. This size is very doable & if you have troubles with restraint, it helps. Would I go bigger - sure! ......... but then I'd have to fill that one too!

Latest posts

Back