Hey everyone!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

ElixirIce

Hey there! Just another newbie saying hi to the slippertalk.com population! My name is Lisa and I usually just grow phals, dendrobiums, oncidiums, cattleyas and cymbidiums but I just got a Paph as a gift yesterday and I have no idea what to do with it! I'm glad I was able to find so many "Slipper Junkies" in one place! I'm looking forward to soaking up all the information you guys have to offer! Thanks in advance!

-Lisa:D

Hi Lisa! Welcome, glad you found us.

Congratulations on your new Paph! Do you know what kind it is? If so, we might be able to give you a little more specific information on culture, but in general, I (personally) find them pretty easy growers.

oh oh, and check out the contests, one of which is for new members such as yourself. :)

Hey Heather! Thanks for the reply! The tag on one says Paph. George Bernard Shaw x Paph Alma Garvert '6' and the other one that I just couldn't help but pick up today has no tag. Here are some pictures! Thanks for your help!

DSC00853.jpg

DSC00867.jpg

-Lisa

Hi Lisa!
Maudiae paphs - which are what your's are (one is a green, alba variety), are pretty easy to grow and bloom. You shouldn't have to do too much to succeed with them. They tend to bloom off the mature growth, and the next time one matures, it will bloom. They don't need a whole lot of light, not like the multiflorals (which you should grow! :poke: scratch that, I forgot, I am biased!) Water maybe once a week if you aren't in a really hot region. If you grow other orchids, these two should be easy for you! They're lovely! Good luck and if you have specific questions, please do not hesitate to ask! We are an extremely friendly bunch. :)

The Slippertalk estrogen detector is going off. Soon, the boys will be outnumbered and the forum is going to be painted pink. Sexy phrag pink.

PHRAG said:
The Slippertalk estrogen detector is going off. Soon, the boys will be outnumbered and the forum is going to be painted pink. Sexy phrag pink.

That's why we have admins like (looks at John, looks at Heather, looks at John again) Heather~~>:viking:. To keep the pink phrag freaks from running the joint.

However, I must admit those pink fuzzies do have something about them don' they? :poke:

PHRAG said:

About damn time too! :D

I think Jason Fischer x Barbara LeAnn would be just about the perfect color.
Now, where'd I put that paint brush?

(oooh, Marco, you get the forum gold star of the day! :smitten: )

Latest posts

Back