Here is my little list

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You silly goose you! I don't sell anything and I don't trade but I love to share when I can. I will propagate plants that people are having problems with that frustrate them if they give me the seed or the cuttings and will give them their plants back but... you're screwed from that respect because propagating orchids would be way out of my league. I could probably do a division (goldenrose can give me another hands-on lesson so I'm sure I could divide something properly). I'll make a deal with you- You find the plant for me to buy from a reputable source then you hold my hand and give me step by step instructions on how to grow it so I don't kill it and I'll share a division with you! There ya go big boy, that'll teach you for teasing with me! Find the plant and gear up to give me blow by blow instructions on how best to care for it.

The blind leading the blind doesn't sound all that promising to me. At least you're several steps up from me in that you know what doesn't work. Don't feel bad though, I've got a list of house plants that I know how to kill quite well myself.

Update as of today-

Aerangis biloba
A. citrate

Anoectochilus chapensis
A. formosanus

Brassocattlaya Roman Holiday

Bulbophyllum echinolabium

Cypripedium acaule (have 4, hoping for the best)
C. arietinum (2 ordered for delivery in spring '08)
C. parviflorum var. pubescens
C. reginae

Goodyera hispida

Iwanagara Apple Blossom 'Mendenhall'

Jumella comorensis

Kefersteinia tolimensis

Kingidium deliciosum

Koellenstenia graminea

Ludisia discolor

Macodes lowii

Masdevallia andreettana
M. tridens

Mischobulbum grandiflorum

Neofinetia falcata

Nephalaphyllum pulchrum

Paphiopedilum delentii
P. hainanense x wolterianum
P. 'Harold Koopowitz'
P. henryanum
P. lowii
P. 'Magic Lantern' (have two of these)
P. malipoense
P. Norita Hasegawa Hybrid
P. spicerianum
P. sukhakulii
P. wardii
+ 6 more mottled leaf paphs where the tags are long gone. If memory serves me, they were mutts anyway and one of them was from Home Depot

Phalaenopsis 'Yellow Butterfly'
P. aphrodite (have two of these)
P. parishii
P. 'Zuma Camreal'
+ 3 more phals with no tags and two were from Home Depot.

Phragmipedium Cape Sunset
P. Kelly Nash
P. Les Dirouilles
P. longifolium
P. Magdalene Rose 4N x Barbara LeAnn
P. Paul Eugene Conroy
P. Sedenii
P. Sorcerer’s Apprentice

Podangis dactyloceras

Sarcoglottis sceptrodes

Sedirea japonica

Tuberolabium kotoense

Waiting for-
Paphiopedilum dianthum back ordered
P. In-Charm- shipping Monday
P. Silverleaf- backordered

Phragmipedium caudatum- back ordered
P. pearcei- shipping Wednesday
P. pearcei hybrid- shipping Wednesday
P. schlimii- shipping when ever
P. Schroederae- back ordered
P. wallisii- shipping Monday

Still looking for-
Paphiopedilum appletonianum
P. insigne f. sanderianum
P. wolteranium
P. fairrieanum forma album- oh ahhhhhhhh, Enlightened Orchids has this http://www.enlightenedorchids.com/

Phragmipedium boissierianum
P. equadorense
P. lindenii
Oh me oh my! Fox Valley has some of these phrags- http://www.foxvalleyorchids.com/catalog2b.html

Looking for these miscellaneous-
Cirrhopealum longissimum (superior form)
Dracula hirtzii
Dryadella zebrina
Ludisia discolor alba
Masdevallia colossus
Pleurothallis restrepiodes
Polycynis muscifera
Restrepia guttulata

Last edited:
Ship when ever, I'm in no great rush. And definitely no need to make a special trip to the PO for me with gas prices the way they are. Go ahead and wait to send mine when you have to go to the PO for somebody else even if that's a week or longer.

I love my Sorcerer's Apprentice from you. My husband said he liked your pot!

What is that pearcei hybrid anyway? I meant to ask you and sort of started listening to that sweetie pie elderly man talking lettuce and wet newspaper. You know... I was in the northwestern dome and when I came out he approached me and slipped something in my hand. He must have been looking for me and I had slipped off to look at the displays. I unfolded the paper and and found he had hand printed all of his favorite "educational" websites for me. He even took the time to tell me in detail how to google for images of plants. What an unexpected gift given I couldn't help but notice his fingers were stiff and not exactly cooperating with him so writing must have been hard for him. Had to have taken him a very very long time to write all that up to share with me.

Oh shoot, I just checked my notes and I flip flopped you and the other two people sending plants to me. They were shipping Monday and you said maybe Tuesday or Wednesday! I'm not editing that post again. The plants will come when ever they come. I hope that one man and his wife join SlipperTalk! They were neat people too.

Hope your legs aren't too tired from standing on that hard floor by the end of tomorrow.

And YES! It was very nice seeing you there too.

One of the nice parts about staying in a hotel 200 miles from home is that I can drink 5/6 of a six pack and not feel guilty about it... So while my legs are tired, I'm not really noticing it.

I have finally found a wisconsin beer worth drinking. New Glarus "Fat Squirrel". quite passable. Not up to the standard of michigan beer, but a good effort. *grin*

One of the nice parts about staying in a hotel 200 miles from home for me is- no pets, no children, and no husband for a few days. If I so much as had one beer I would be slobbering, stuttering, and searching for a place to sleep. Classy, eh? I never could drink. Needless to say, I don't (I have other bad habits) but I like to watch other people drink ;)

Eric... Eric... Eric...
Hush dear. go clean your bathroom or something. I had personal shoppers. They either handed me plants to buy or approved what was in my hand.

editing to add-
If you think I am addicted, you should see goldenrose's greenhouse. That woman needs to join an orchidaholics anonymous group real fast.

No, I put back the Ludisia discolor like a good little girl- I already have one or two. I know I put back a Masdevallia tridens, a Sarcoglottis sceptrodes, and a Sedirea japonica also. And then I brought a few over for Leo to look at and he would pretty much say yay or nay and I put back every nay which was really tough to do. Then Rose pointed out a few to me that were so small I had to whip out my magnifying glass so I passed on buying those. If you have to use a magnifying glass to see the bloom of a plant, you really should be questioning why you're buying it. We both laughed about that one. See, I am capable of exercising some restraint.

No no no no no no no no! I'm not going ot any more orchid sites ;) I'll stick with buying from the people who have nurseries who post here. You bad boy you!

Just a source for the Ludisia discolor alba and Sarcoglottis hybrids will be fine. I've got space to squeeze in one...maybe two more of those... maybe.

Latest posts

Back