Here is my little list

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have some electric fido fences outside to deter raccoons. We actually have invisible fences inside the home but our dogs were too large for the charge and ended up mocking us by stepping over the invisible fence without flinching to get upstairs to sleep in the beds. I really didn't exactly want them upstairs in our beds but that's sort of where they ended up. If you hear a thud at night, it's a kid getting pushed out of bed and onto the floor.

Eric, your "man-think" and my husband's "man-think" are the same. That was one of the arguments he used on me.

You have some really spectacular plants there. Maybe you better stick to the outside of my home when you come visit so you don't see how puny our orchids are by comparison. Also too, I see the binnoculars there. Bring them with you. My husband is a birder and we've got hawks and owls here. The day shift and the night shift plus a host of other species my husband attracts to his bird and suet feeders. We also have lots of hummers. If you have kids, you might want to bring home a few owl pellets for them to take apart. You can sometimes get whole skeletons of frogs and small mammals.

I'm almost finished re-potting every plant and couldn't help but notice I have some space left over.

Here's my lust list-

Keeping an eye out for these to "possibly" purchase in the future-
Paphiopedilum appletonianum
P. insigne f. sanderianum
P. Lady Isabel
P. Leeanum
P. Maudiae
P. Transvaal
P. venustum album

Phragmipedium Albopurpureum
P. amazonica
P. boissierianum
P. caricinum
P. equadorense
P. exstaminodium
P. Geralda
P. Lauren
P. lindenii
P. Praying Mantis FV
P. Richteri FV
P. Silver Eagle
P. St Ouen "Sweet Ice"
P. warcewiczianum

Looking for these miscellaneous-
Aerangis distincta
Aerangis fastuosa
Cirrhopealum longissimum (superior form)
Dracula hirtzii
Dryadella zebrina
Masdevallia colossus
Mastigion putidum
Pleurothallis restrepiodes
Polycynis muscifera
Restrepia guttulata

Anyone know where I can get my hands on 'Lauren' or St Ouen "Sweet Ice"?

I've got space for about 3 more paphs and 5 more phrags plus a few slots left in the Wardian cases for miscellaneous.

Anyone know where I can get my hands on 'Lauren'

Paph Lauren was registered in 98 by Los Osos so you may want to try e-mailing them or calling to see if they've got any left-if google doesn't find you a vendor. 2 have received HCC's, 'Rose' and 'Rio Verde'. The cross is lawrenceanum x Spectrum.

Phrag. St. Ouen 'Sweet Ice' hasn't been awarded so you'd have to find the owner through a net search and offer to buy a division.

Isn't Los Osos the vendor that was giving a 30% discount this fall or something like that?
Phrag. St. Ouen 'Sweet Ice' hasn't been awarded so you'd have to find the owner through a net search and offer to buy a division.
Ah ha, now I know why Eric said good luck on finding this one. Not into a needle in a haystack search these days.

Great, must be bad or you wouldn't be PMing me. I suppose I'm not only going to need smelling salts but a defibrillator too after I see the price, right?

It is beautiful and it truly is probably worth every penny but too rich for my blood. Besides which, Eric is going to buy one and then he'll share photos with us and we can all live vicariously and happily ever after through his photos.

It is beautiful and it truly is probably worth every penny but too rich for my blood. Besides which, Eric is going to buy one and then he'll share photos with us and we can all live vicariously and happily ever after through his photos.

:rollhappy:

Only if the St. Ouen comes with a tripod!

Has anyone else ever noticed Rob's quote?
Rob's Rules: (http://littlefrogfarm.com)
1) There is always room for one more orchid
2) There is always room for two more orchids
2a) See Rule 1

I like his rules so much so that I treated myself to a few more paphs than what I actually have room for. I'll squeeze them in somehow.

Here's what I've ordered and I'll have confirmation tomorrow as to whether they have them all in stock or not:

Paphiopedilum Lauren
P. Leeanum
P. Lady Isabel
P. Maudiae Alba
P. Makuli Alba
P. insigne 'Sanderae'
P. Transvaal

Phragmipedium caudatum
P. equadorense
P. Schroederae

I want to go phrag shopping with goldenrose. I've got my eye on these where we are going:

Paph venustum album

Phragmipedium boissierianum
P. caricinum
P. equadorense
P. lindenii
P. Richteri
P. Praying Mantis
P. Majestic Tresses

I've found a few more photos of phrags that interest me:

CIMG4366
CIMG4939
AW1
P. Albopurpureum
P. exstaminodium
P. Geralda
P. Mont Fallu
P. Predator
P. Rapunzel
P. Ruby Slippers
P. Silver Eagle
P. Tall Tails
P. warcewiczianum

Still want the St Ouen "Sweet Ice" but that won't be happening anytime soon.

You people have ALL corrupted me.

SlipperFan! Your photos contributed to my delinquency!

Yes Candace, that was one of the nurseries. You mentioned they might have that particular paph so I called. Very pleasant people. I need to call them back tomorrow afternoon to check on availability of the 'Lauren' as well as one other. I may or may not be able to buy it. I guess the 'Lauren' is pretty small but priced accordingly and I want one really bad.

Latest posts

Back