Henryanum 'purple crown'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ma_sha1

Reaction score
I like collecting Henryanum for it's small size and intense color, this one is unusual as the dorsal is also pink purple just like the pouch, ic not seen pouch color bleed out like this.
it also has the green dot that sticks out way more than others:

Is it pure species? Or could it be a hybrid? What could it be?

8701ba50535d6a888de341795f12854d.jpg

bb2e581fbdb730ee0612576f5a88ce7b.jpg

68f9bbcf0d019533101457cac7c042ac.jpg

Reference Of my other Henryanum

38f0bff7e57bd631654abdb3efdba8bc.jpg

b40520b0ad0149d5413f519178f4e8d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The staminode is totally wrong for henryanum as is the patterning/color/shape of the petals and dorsal. This has charlesworthii in it; either Doll's Kobold or a cross of that back to henryanum, but definitely NOT pure species.

Tags say lots of things. Unfortunately tags are not actually part of the plant and are of human invention, ergo quite susceptible to human error.
Certainly not straight henryanum, my vote is charles cross as well.

Dolls Kobold X Henryanum is more likely than straight Dolls, does such cross exist? Any photos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost certainly Dolls Kobold or closely related. Definitely not henry.
I don't think we are the source, but we always replace or refund for mistakes on our part.
JC

Tags say lots of things. Unfortunately tags are not actually part of the plant and are of human invention, ergo quite susceptible to human error.
Certainly not straight henryanum, my vote is charles cross as well.

The dorsal seems small for typical Doll's Kobold, but you could get something like this from a Doll's Kobold F2 (x self or x sib). It doesn't seem likely to me that a backcross of Doll's Kobold to either parent would give you this.

Among other registered crosses Paph Raingreen's Doll might be a candidate (Raingreen's Cerella x Doll's Kobold). Raingreen's Cerella can look much like Doll's Kobold being half henry and the other half a charlesworthii heavy complex.

Latest posts

Back