Quantcast

Henryanum 'purple crown'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Ma_sha1

Reaction score
I like collecting Henryanum for it's small size and intense color, this one is unusual as the dorsal is also pink purple just like the pouch, ic not seen pouch color bleed out like this.
it also has the green dot that sticks out way more than others:

Is it pure species? Or could it be a hybrid? What could it be?

Reference Of my other Henryanum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ma_sha1

Reaction score
The tag says Henryanum thou?

tenman

Reaction score
The staminode is totally wrong for henryanum as is the patterning/color/shape of the petals and dorsal. This has charlesworthii in it; either Doll's Kobold or a cross of that back to henryanum, but definitely NOT pure species.

JAB

Reaction score
Tags say lots of things. Unfortunately tags are not actually part of the plant and are of human invention, ergo quite susceptible to human error.
Certainly not straight henryanum, my vote is charles cross as well.

Ma_sha1

Reaction score
Dolls Kobold X Henryanum is more likely than straight Dolls, does such cross exist? Any photos?

theorchidzone

Reaction score
Almost certainly Dolls Kobold or closely related. Definitely not henry.
I don't think we are the source, but we always replace or refund for mistakes on our part.
JC

Tags say lots of things. Unfortunately tags are not actually part of the plant and are of human invention, ergo quite susceptible to human error.
Certainly not straight henryanum, my vote is charles cross as well.

PaphMadMan

phytomanic
Reaction score
The dorsal seems small for typical Doll's Kobold, but you could get something like this from a Doll's Kobold F2 (x self or x sib). It doesn't seem likely to me that a backcross of Doll's Kobold to either parent would give you this.

Among other registered crosses Paph Raingreen's Doll might be a candidate (Raingreen's Cerella x Doll's Kobold). Raingreen's Cerella can look much like Doll's Kobold being half henry and the other half a charlesworthii heavy complex.

Latest posts