Henryanum ‘Bengal Tiger’ x sib

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wholeheartedly agree: colours superb!

One of Sam's?

(Uuuuhhhh, sounds a bit like 'Son of Sam'....if affirmative there might be some family ties, as I gather, that a Bengal Tiger can be a blood thirsty beast, too)

I wholeheartedly agree: colours superb!

One of Sam's?

(Uuuuhhhh, sounds a bit like 'Son of Sam'....if affirmative there might be some family ties, as I gather, that a Bengal Tiger can be a blood thirsty beast, too)
I’m not sure. He did offer two three different lines of this species on his list a few years ago. I can’t remember if Bengal Tiger was among them.

The rolling back at the base of the dorsal is what annoys me the most on this flower (same as the last time), but I like the dots of all sizes as well as the dark color over good part of the dorsal.
I wish I had kept a plant from OZ which had lighter color but with better form & size. Well, I do have another henry from a different breeding background I’m waiting to bloom. For now, just this one 😁

What do you mean ''but still''? Typical form not good enough? Can be ''improved''?
IMO it's an perfect henryanum.
While I appreciate your comment, I think Leslie said what he said in respond to my statement of "not the best shape" and so I took what he said as a compliment.
Certain things are good when full and round like complex bulldog hybrids, but also on certain other things. But then I don't think everything should be morphed into that shape ideal and judged as such.
Certain things look great when looking wild and rather primitive. Again, this beauty standpoint is highly personal and variable of course.
I have an impression that more chunkier looking henryanum with fuller wider dorsal with shorter and wider petals will be highly praised within some circle. Wait, that's a bulldog ideal. haha

By the way, you have to show us some of your well-grown beauties. I don't think I have seen them for a while now. haha.

The colours are striking !
Thank you.
It is such a wild looking species when it comes to colors and patterns (or spots!).
I'm happy that it is a multiple growth plant yet easily fit in this 2.5inch square pot. With this many growths, I was hoping for more flowers, though. Maybe in the future.

Latest posts

Back