Henrietta Fujiwara

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Eric Muehlbauer

This is the first bloom I've gotten from this cross....It's nice, certainly unremarkable, but for me it has special significance....its the first (and so far only) paph cross I have ever made myself that made it as far as germination. The parents are primulinum " liltii" X haynaldianum....the parents may still be visible on Troy Meyer's site.....I am proud....its not large, not fancy, not impressive....but its mine! Take care, Eric

:clap:Congrats! Wait til next year, remember they get better! AAhh the second picture is much better! Have you considered cropping & using smaller screen size? :wink: If you're using a digital camera, move the plant a couple of feet away from the wall. The automatic focus will focus on the bloom not the bricks.

Yeah...I know about those bricks....where I shoot depends on the light and time of day. Around noon I shoot with the bricks in the background...the sun is right behind me. I keep the plant about 4-5 feet in front of the bricks. Later in the afternoon, I have grass as the background..but I get more shadows on the bloom unless I hold it just right...colors can be more intense though. I wanted to get the bloom at the right time, before the dorsal reflexed more...and it was likely to get cloudy later in the day. As for the size, I can't get Imageshack to behave like it used to...I never get any options about reducing size to 800 x whatever like I used to...its either thumbnails, or this...on the other hand, I find that imageshack photos, even when gigantic, seem to load up much faster than they used to...and I have a lousy connection most days..(I hate Time warner cable!!!!!!! when will FIOS hit Queens????) Take care, Eric

Latest posts

Back