Helvetia

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bernhard Hilse

Hello,

I am only a novie photograhper of slippers but I want to start taking some op\photos and putting them up on this forum because the pictures here are the best I have seen anywhere in the world. Attached is a photo of a slipper which came off the mother plant 6 months ago. The actual size is avout 14 inches. If anyone has any advice on photographing slippers I would really appreciate it.

Bernhard, Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia. 36 degrees celsius in the shade today (really hot)

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 84
...If anyone has any advice on photographing slippers I would really appreciate it.

Pretty flowers!

Simple suggestions:
1. Keep the background simple and neutral.
2. Use a tripod.
3. Use depth of field appropriate to keep the flower sharp (and the background out of focus if it is complex).
4. Use soft, diffused light. If you have to use flash, bounce it off something reflective so that it is lighting the flower indirectly. Or send it through s diffusion material. This applies to using the sun as your light source, also.

Fantastic blooms!!! Really,r eally nice petals on those Helvetias!

re: photos - A good start is to minimise background clutter, so use a backdrop like a black fabric, or use the sky as a backdrop.

Latest posts

Back