Help needed for ID

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Grandma M

I believe the tags got mixed up. This could be either Laura Bush (Fush's Beauty X Robert's Delight)- or - Robert's Delight 'Garnet Beauty (V.Kanen's Delight X V. Madame Rattana)

Vandafullpot1-14-08.jpg
Vanda31-14-08.jpg

Its pretty! It could be any of the two but leading more to Robert's Delight 'Hot Stuff'.

Ramon:)

from the pictures I was able to find on 'Garnet Beauty', it's not that, pics are showing solid garnet red covering 95% of the flower. There are sooo many different clones of Robert's Delight - it seems to be favoring that. Hope this helps.

Thanks Roy

Thanks Roy

I'm going to label it Laura Bush. I had some vandas which fell off my deck 2 years ago in a storm and the tags got mixed up. I did have Laura Bush at that time but I guess the wrong label was put into that pot. The label in the pot was Fuch's Gold 'Hildos'. I know that is wrong.

Thanks again. I happy to know which vanda it is. This is a first blooming for me. I have a Princess Mikasa 'Indigo' in low bud now.

I was just about to give up trying to grow vandas because I didn't think I had the right growing conditions. Now they surprised me with blooms......after I threatened to trash all of them, except Princess Mikasa 'Indigo', because she has been a faithful bloomer for me. Marilyn

Back