HELP! I'v never seen this before, how about you?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
plant-1.jpg

It's been much hotter then normal here the last few days. In the greenhouse I have 4 commercial green house fans running 24,7. I've also got a large square window fan sitting on the floor in the aisle way that turns on at 80 degrees. The photo is some new damage that I just noticed on my Paph. Sugar Suite. I also have it on a couple of other thick leaved paphs. My first thought was to spray it with alcohol and wipe it off. This did nothing. Then I tried scraping it off with tweezers. No, wouldn't budge. Then I brought it inside and looked at it threw a magnifying glass. To me it looks like there are some collapsed cells of the leaf in this area. I then put the magic marker line on there to see if it spreads. My thought are, that it is minor sun burn. Has anyone seen this before or know what it is.

Thanks for looking
Bob

I'm wondering if it might be cold water on a hot plant especially in this weather that we are having.I've lost a couple of buds with my outdoor plants.

I agree with Jane. Looks like mesophyll cell collapse, too great a temperature difference between your water and the leaves. You can try to temper the water, or water really early before the leaves get too warm.

Latest posts

Back