help identifying old paph, please

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will do. I got it in a grab basket from a greenhouse dispersal....no tag obviously. But put two spikes on so, an easy bloomer. I believe it is an old variety based on the age of the collector. Not much help, I know.

It is very similar to Paph Rosy Dawn (registered 1935), but the colors (both pink and green) seem too intense, but I've never seen one freshly open. As Tyrone suggested this is certainly going to whiten over time. Clearly a complex hybrid though, so any ID will be a maybe.

Where are you located? Whose old collection? What were some of the other paphs in the collection? These would all be a tremendous help...there are many old whites but they vary in their prevalence dramatically in or out of the US and East or West Coast. They can sometimes be quite easily tied to a particular old collection. Post a whole-plant shot please.

Tim,

This comes from 'Isakoffs'. I did not know them but they were a member of the Delaware Orchid society, so east coast. It looks much paler today in the sun. I have attached a full pic.

I am trying to find the listing of their plants; it might take until the next meeting. They had quite a few paphs; Rothschild, Rod McClellan, something called Pretty Penny that will bloom soon, and many NOID in my grab box. I do much better with phrags so very happy it put up 2 spikes. Of course I blasted the first one.

Attachments

• IMG_0833(1).JPG
    IMG_0833(1).JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 63
Sorry - I've not heard of that collection, so it could be anything. I agree about this plant not being Rosy Dawn; maybe if there's a good batch of McClellan plants this is more along the lines of Freckles or a Freckles progeny...

Yes! The Freckles 'Pinkie' is very similar. And I know that is still just a WAQ.

Thanks...

Latest posts

Back