Hello

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

Frederick

Hello
I am not exactly new to this forum but I have very little time and posted on the OTHER forum because it was created before this one. One of my posts on the OTHER forum was just censured because I wrote a welcoming message in French to a new French member (how very very bad!). The party responsible is the ignoramus who's been flattering the forum founder for some time & posting pix of plants he's just bought in bloom. I hope this place will be more tolerant & the coordinators better informed and more courteous.

I live in France & grow Paphs (& 3 Phrags!)--give or take 150 (the exact figure is a dark secret because my wife wd probably blow up). I like polyanthas (roths & PEOY are my favorites) but have nothing against parvis. Brachys hate me. I am getting into complex greens. I love clean, vivid colours and am not interested in alba. I grow inside my house, around a central well lit by a large skylight. I use R.O. water, the Antec CHC mix (with variations) and MSU fertilizer. I am married with 3 grown-up children and am the proud property of two tyrannical but adorable Burmese cats (one is legally my eldest daughter's). I am looking forward to pleasant & informative exchanges.
Yours

Welcome
This bunch is tolerant, opinionated, active, willing to share info, all around a good place to be.

:clap:

Hello, hello. Sorry your posting on the other forum was removed. I don't know why that would happen, but you're more than welcome to post here.

Welcome to the forum Frederick. Glad to have you here. I was a member of both forums as well but after having a post deleted, for referring a non forum supporting vendor, I never went back. After reading their forum rules I discovered that they did have reasonable cause for my post being deleted. But whatever, I like this forum better anyway.

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

It appears that their loss is our gain.

Like Eric said, "We love photos!"

BTW, what type of phrags do you have?

Again welcome,

Claudia

Bienvenue Frederick.
I joined this forum a couple of months ago and have found everyone very helpful with quite strong opinions on a great number of things. I'm new to slipper orchids myself but have played with a great variety of other orchids for over 15 yrs so I really enjoy the chat here.

I can say this does not happen in this forum as a week or two agao I said welcome in Afrikaans to someone living in Bloemfontein in South Africa and my message was not censored. Bravo to Slippertalk.com. My message I think was such that even if you are English speaking the important words could be easily read in English.

Welcome, Frederick.

You will find the Admins of this forum unthreatened by what they don't know. I think all the members here are open and want to learn.

Thanks for your welcome

I thank you all for your warm welcome. Claudia, my Phrags are Sorcerer"s Apprentice (pix in a minute), Grande and Sedenii. A rare form of bessae died on me last year & I decided it was the last bessae I'd buy.
Happy growing

Welcome to the forum Frederick,

I am from Greece and new to the forum too... It's a superb forum that one can pose a question and get many answers and shared experience... That's what I got... :) (Thank you all gor this... :) :) :) )

Regards, Thanasis

Welcome! Only one post removed on the "other" forum? On the rare occasions when I try to post there, most disappear after "review" by the moderators...I'm not allowed to get pm's either! I guess I'm just too offensive for them to handle......Great to have you here! Eric

Welcome! Only one post removed on the "other" forum? On the rare occasions when I try to post there, most disappear after "review" by the moderators...I'm not allowed to get pm's either! I guess I'm just too offensive for them to handle......Great to have you here! Eric

Yeah, we have to watch Eric, he's pure evil. :evil:

(TOTALLY KIDDING! I've no idea what the issue is over there with you, you're one of our best! Oh wait, maybe that's it?? :confused: )

Welcome Frederick! I am a member on the other forum, but I've never made a post before... I get a lot of negative vibes. Anyhow, this is a great forum and I hope you enjoy yourself as a member!

Welcome. This is a great place to share and learn. We are also great enablers. :wink::wink:

Bonjour. Hola. Howdie. Wassup. Type in whatever language you like. Translations appreciated, censorship unlikely.

-Ernie

Latest posts

Back