Hello members

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hybrids would been easier than species. Phrag andreetae can be difficult. Phrag besseae grows cool and moist but, don't let it crown rot, moist roots would be better. Good luck.

Hybrids would been easier than species. Phrag andreetae can be difficult. Phrag besseae grows cool and moist but, don't let it crown rot, moist roots would be better. Good luck.
Thanks for the hint! Much appreciated. Is Andreetae difficult to flower or grow in general? We are now coming into spring and the days and nights are getting warmer. I have 70% shade cloth over the greenhouse and I also keep the floor moist. Do you think its wise to invest in hygrometer?

Thanks for the hint! Much appreciated. Is Andreetae difficult to flower or grow in general? We are now coming into spring and the days and nights are getting warmer. I have 70% shade cloth over the greenhouse and I also keep the floor moist. Do you think its wise to invest in hygrometer?
in

Shouldnā€˜t it be spelled Phragmipedium andreettae ?

some advice needed, this is Spicerianum x Avalon Mist. The bottom leaves and tiny new growths shows some yellowing. One leave , I assume was bruised during transport but are the rest a concern? The plant is in the cool greenhouse during the day and inside overnight as we still having coolish nights here in Victoria, Aus. The temp during day about 23 night 16 degrees Celsius.(73F and 60 F) I had the plant for about three weeks.

Thanks for the hint! Much appreciated. Is Andreetae difficult to flower or grow in general?Do you think its wise to invest in hygrometer?

For me, yes andreetae is difficult 4/5 dead. :( Invest in a hygrometer if you can change your relative humidity. Since we grow in our apartment, we are limited in what we can do, without flooding the downstairs neighbor again. :( :(

For me, yes andreetae is difficult 4/5 dead. :( Invest in a hygrometer if you can change your relative humidity. Since we grow in our apartment, we are limited in what we can do, without flooding the downstairs neighbor again. :( :(
Yes I can do that, I have a cool greenhouse and next week I am building a new heated greenhouse, both have gravel floor, so danger of drowning the neighbours.

Back