hello from the Netherlands

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inbar

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm excited to be here again.
20 years ago I had a small but prosperous greenhouse full of orchids.
My main interest was paph's with a special passion for first generation hybrids.
In those years the greenhouse was my gateway island and Koopowitz's "tropical slipper orchids" was my bible.
As life went on, we moved abroad, the family grew and the career became more demanding.
Attempts to grow paph's at home in a new environment failed, and I gave it up.
About half a year ago I encounterd serious health issues that prevented me from working, dancing, painting and basically doing everything I love.
Well, almost everything I love.
I decided to start over and try to grow paphs in my kitchen windowsill.
I hope to share and learn with you all.
Inbar

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here!

Sorry to hear about the health issues.
Hope you succeed in growing paphs this time. Good luck.

Welcome and good luck with your Paphs and your health. I am also living in NL and I'm growing paphs both indoors and in a greenhouse (an expensive option at the moment).

Welcome and good luck with your Paphs and your health. I am also living in NL and I'm growing paphs both indoors and in a greenhouse (an expensive option at the moment).
HI Justin,
Nice to have a neighbor with the same passion.
Where do you live?
Is there a paph loving Vereniging in NL?
Have a nice weekend!

Welcome from Finland. Sad to hear about your health problems, hope they would get better or at least not worse. Good luck with growing Paphs. Wonderful plants!

Hello everyone,

I'm excited to be here again.
20 years ago I had a small but prosperous greenhouse full of orchids.
My main interest was paph's with a special passion for first generation hybrids.
In those years the greenhouse was my gateway island and Koopowitz's "tropical slipper orchids" was my bible.
As life went on, we moved abroad, the family grew and the career became more demanding.
Attempts to grow paph's at home in a new environment failed, and I gave it up.
About half a year ago I encounterd serious health issues that prevented me from working, dancing, painting and basically doing everything I love.
Well, almost everything I love.
I decided to start over and try to grow paphs in my kitchen windowsill.
I hope to share and learn with you all.
Inbar
Welcome, or Welkom! I am Dutch myself, but live in the United States.

Robert

Latest posts

Back