Hello from Taipei, Taiwan

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
argh!! a four-headed rabbit!! lol

Welcome from France, Hardy!

:clap::clap: Welcome hardy! You are surrounded by some real beauties! That epi certainly caught my eye! ... and variegated african violets could win me over!

Welcome from NYC! Thanx for sharing the lovely photos. Tolumnia Popoki Mitzi is one of my favorites; and the Bulbo. lemniscatoides will create a stir here!

lol... I have a friend that is from Indonesia and lives here in Greece now!!! He has told me so many things about it and seeing your photos again makes me wanna visit Indonesia, very much...:(!! What place are u from exactly??? He has told me his, but I always forget it...:rolleyes: LOL

Welcome from the same Island, Taiwan!
I live in Nantou:)
Your fwmily grow so many beautiful plants, and your place to grow aquatic plants is so great!

lol... I have a friend that is from Indonesia and lives here in Greece now!!! He has told me so many things about it and seeing your photos again makes me wanna visit Indonesia, very much...:(!! What place are u from exactly??? He has told me his, but I always forget it...:rolleyes: LOL

I'm from Malang, East Java.
It's quite near Bali and very near Mt Bromo.

Umm... You raise water hyacinths, Hardy..? ;) Don't they grow almost everywhere very easily..? I think there's another terrestrial orchid mixed with your Cym Golden Elf 'Sundust'. I don't think cyms have plicate leaves.. :)

It's Eicchornia azurea, the one used for aquascaping, not the weed Eicchornia crassipes.

Oh yes, I have some spathoglottis, so there are spath seedlings all over the place.

Hardy,
Welcome from Florida USA. Enjoyed both your comments and pictures very much. Hope you find time to share more of you familys plants and experiences.

I'm from Malang, East Java.
It's quite near Bali and very near Mt Bromo.

I heard the Mount Bromo area is very beautiful, much like a tropical version of the USA's Yellowstone Park. With many hot springs and other volcanic features. I also heard that Mt. Bromo has had an occasional minor eruption recently, are you far enough that you won't get buried in ash when something more than a minor eruption happens?

It is beautiful, and has been the major tourist attraction of East Java.
The Bromo-Semeru complex is an active volcanic area, but 2 hours away by car, we only get light showers of fine ash when the volcanoes erupt.

My place is on the slope of Mt Arjuno (part of the Arjuno- Welirang complex). Its crater is extinct but the slope has many hot springs and sulfur holes. In contrast to Bromo, this complex is heavily populated. My home is next to Batu. The map:

maps

Wow! It does look like a very beautiful place. And with such a varied landscape, everywhere you look must be impressive.

Back