Hello From Sunny California

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jerry Delaney

Hi everyone. My name is Jerry Delaney and I live in Bakersfield, California. I have I have been growing (and killing) orchids for about 30 years. I have a mixed collection but heavy in Catts, intergeneric oncidiums, and Phrags/Paphs and have just recently started trying Bulbos and Disas (just what one should try in an area that has 40 + days of over 100 degrees f). I look forward to being able to improve my Phrag/Paph culture through this forum.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Joanne, here is a picture for you.

I'm sorry Joanne. I just noticed that I must have fumbled in trying to post the picture. I'm trying again.

Jerry

Attachments

• Phrag Sorcerer's Apprentice.JPG
    Phrag Sorcerer's Apprentice.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 18
Welcome from the land that was part of DC!

Thanks for the photo. We who live in apartments have greenhouse/slat house/garage/basement envy!

Hi Jerry and welcome aboard. I live in Ottawa, Canada and we occasionally manage to get into the high 90s in the summer but I don't think we've hit 100 yet. On the other end of the scale though ... we take pride in being the coldest national capital in the world (on average).
I grow mostly Phal's but have started with a couple of paphs and really find them fascinating. I also have some dendrobiums (dendrobii?) and some oncidiums which were sold to me as Colmonara.

Thanks Heather. I don't think this Phrag has been without a bloom open for over a year now. Phal Pal, I think I will stick to the hot weather. I grew up in Northern Missouri and it was too cold for me even there. Man, I sure wouldn't want to have to pay your heating bill in the winter!

Hey Jerry

It may get hot, but its probably dry enough to get a swamp cooler to knock it down a bit.

Although I'm in Tennessee, my Mom's in Bakersfield, and the rest of my brothers and sisters are scattered around LA. I'll have to look you up the next time I make it out that way.

Back