Hello from Spain

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Secundino

Adorable Stud
Reaction score
Hi,
I've been requested to say hello, here it is... First let me apologize for my bad english, its not my first lenguage and I must admit I normally do read a lot in english but hardly ever speak and nearly never write long text. But I hope it is understandable.
I began with orchids as a newborn little thing somewhere in south America, where it seems a tradition to place something wealthy, something beautyful and a peace of bread in the craddle of the newborn. Well, the beautiful things - so I was told (and if the whole story is real) - were orchids: cattleya most of them.
Some 12 years later, back in Spain, I began with this hobby, and the orchid bug never left me. I lost all my orchids at a time, and years and lovers came and passed, but now I have quite a nice collection and, as a few seedlings of Paphiopedilum callosum var laevigatum have survived and one has reached maturity, I will increase my Paph-collection an begin with my first Phragmipedium ever.
Until now I've been reading in this forum only, and mostly it will continue this way...
But of course, when I get flowers, I'll share them with all of you.

One of those plants I had long ago was a delightful pretty Paphiopedilum fairrieanum, and I would like to have one of these again. For me it is one of the most incredible of flowers and I like the combination of white, green und purple this flowers have.

To all of you a nice New Year!

Welcome from Nebraska, U.S.A.! We would love to see pictures of your flowers (and even just plants out of bloom) whenever you have them!

Welcome to Slippertalk, Secun. Don't worry about your English -- your post was very understandable. And you have a Happy New Year, also!

Bienvenido

Bienvenido Secundino (I like how it rhymes).

Feliz año nuevo.

Welcome from Texas. Where are you in Spain?

Jose

Latest posts

Back