Hello from Singapore!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Parryaw

Hi everyone,

I have been growing orchids for the last 3 years and have only been growing since last year.
My collection is mainly Bulbos and Phals as they are not as easy to kill as my paphs.
Due to the hot weather ( 25 degree celsius is as low as it can get ) the paph species I can grow are rather limited and there aren't many paphs available here.
I have no phrags , well I had a schilimii but its in orchid heaven and I cant find any phrags and I doubt there are any that can stand such a hot climate.

Any paphs or phrags to recommend that can survive here? I also noticed that there aren't many members from south east asia ( If any )/:confused:

Here are some blooms:

Welcome from NYC. There are many Paphs and Phrags that come from Tropical-Subtropical temps. With your temps you should be in orchid heaven!!

Welcome from NYC. There are many Paphs and Phrags that come from Tropical-Subtropical temps. With your temps you should be in orchid heaven!!

My other orchids are doing just fine and some bloom throughout the year. However I can't say much for my paphiopedilums , just got a sukhakulii , Niveum and appletonian and I hope they can grow here. ( I don't see many people growing sukhakuliis and appletonians ). I have killed many paphs such as my papuanum, kalopakingii, spicerianum, glaucophyllum and concolor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to Slippertalk from KY. I have a friend in Kuching, Borneo who
grows all his orchids (a few native Paphs.) outside under trees and they
do very well.

I got my stonei and lowii from there! I know a guy in Kuching that has a collection of stoneis that are all large clumps that bloom all the time however he seems to be unable to get his sanderianum clump to bloom despite it being a native orchid of Sarawak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My other orchids are doing just fine and some bloom throughout the year. However I can't say much for my paphiopedilums , just got a sukhakulii , Niveum and appletonian and I hope they can grow here. ( I don't see many people growing sukhakuliis and appletonians ). I have killed many paphs such as my papuanum, kalopakingii, spicerianum, glaucophyllum and concolor

You can grow any orchid anywhere if you invest the effort. Look at Bjorn's posts. :)

Welcome aboard and very nice orchid collection. I bet there are many paphs you can grow quite well in your tropical neck of the woods.

Welcome from San Francisco! I think there is someone else here from Singapore! Put the word out if you would like to meet him and learn about growing Paphs there!

Back