Hello from Seattle

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Ellen

The e-mail enticing me to enter the contest got me onto this forum, which I have to say I joined a while back but haven't really explored yet even as a voyeur. I've been growing orchids for over 15 years and have an uncountable number of plants at all stages of growth from waiting to be deflasked through age 15+ years. Recently I've become quite fond of slipper orchids, and have started building up my collection of phrags and paphs, especially species. I'm sure this forum will make me aware of even more that I didn't even know I "needed".

Welcome. You're in Seattle! The place that everyone tells me I would love. They tell me I shouldn't bother checking it out - just move there! :rollhappy:

Hi Ellen,

I grew up in Seattle (well, not really in Seattle... up north a bit), and I'm sure that my Paphs would appreciate the moisture if I were to move back. I'd love to live there again, but I really love the 300 days a year of sunshine here in CO :)

Anyway, welcome to the forum!

- Matthew Gore

Hi Ellen,
My sister owns the Wild Birds Unltd. in Redmond, lives in Bellevue and recently bought a house with a view of Mt. Hood. She loves orchids also, but her fav is Miltoniopsis.

Carol

Wow! Thanks, everybody for all the welcome messages. Seattle has plenty of moisture, nice views, botanical and museum jobs and... well, I'm not so sure about the hot guys. I managed to find one here, but he's from NY, so I don't think that counts.

Slippertalker, do you go to the NWOS meetings? If so, maybe I'll see you there.

Ellen said:
Wow! Thanks, everybody for all the welcome messages. Seattle has plenty of moisture, nice views, botanical and museum jobs and... well, I'm not so sure about the hot guys. I managed to find one here, but he's from NY, so I don't think that counts.

Slippertalker, do you go to the NWOS meetings? If so, maybe I'll see you there.

Hi Ellen,

I go occaisionally when they have an interesting speaker. I was the judging chair for the NWOS show this year, and know several of the people.

Welcome Ellen!
I am a member of the NWOS, but have been late to meetings for the last 3 months because of my job.

Can't wait to figure out who you are!

Craig

Craig, I just started going to the NWOS meetings, so am one of the new kids on the block. I'll be there on Monday with some plants for the display table.

Back