Hello from Saskatoon

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TDT

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've just posted some photos of my slippers, and have been asked to introduce myself. I've been a member of slippertalk for a couple of years now, but not posted anything; I enjoy reading the entries and looking at photos posted here as I have my morning tea before work!

I've been growing orchids since 1993 when my brother gave me a Coelogyne cristata. I joined the Saskatchewan Orchid Society that year and purchased a Laelia flava from the sales table. That was the start, and by the way, I still have those plants! I now have a mixed collection of around 100 plants, living on a 3-tier plant stand in a large south facing window in the living room. My family is very agreeable to this arrangement, thankfully! Most of the collection gets moved outside for the summer, many hang in a large apple tree in the back yard, others sit on a plant stand with shade cloth.

I've been purchasing Paphs in the last couple of years, mostly seedlings from Forestview Gardens, and they have begun flowering! My biggest challenge in growing Paphs is to not overwater...

Very nice Tracey! Thank you so much for coming out of the closet:poke:! And sharing your beautiful successes!!

Tracey,

That's good to hear. I'm glad the spike survived. The flower should be better next time another year after being divided.

Chuck

Back