Hello from San Diego

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryno

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I have been lurking for a while, enjoying all the wisdom and knowledge you all share, so thank you very much. Of all the forums, I find Slippertalk is where the masters are!

I have a few Paph's and would love to have a Phrag. kovachii someday. My main passion, and most of my collection are cloudforest plants of the Pleurothallid alliance and Papua New Guinea dendrobiums, especially Oxyglossum section Dendrobiums, Dracula, and Lepanthes. I have a 10x12 ft. Greenhouse that I set up just for these plants. I run it cool/intermediate, favoring cool. I affectionately call it my "Cloudhouse".

I have had Orchid fever for a little over three years now with no cure in sight, but have been into plants since I was 15 (now 41). My other plant interests are Cycads, Caudiciforms, and Carnivorous plants. I have quite an eclectic collection of around 150 orchids, and around 200 other various plants. Life's a garden, dig it!

Sincerely,
Ryan

Hey Ryan, welcome! You'll find many of us are into different genera of orchids mainly, but come here for wisdom and fellowship. Glad to have you here, I hope you can figure out how to post pictures, we'd love to see some of your collection!

Welcome from Germany!

I hope you'll post some photos of your collection, especially the Lepanthes. :)

If you want Phrags, I'd say go for it. They are easy to grow for the most part. You just need a lot of water (and space).

Thank you for the warm, encouraging welcome, everyone! I'll be happy to share pictures of my plants with you.

Best Regards
Ryan

Latest posts

Back