Hello from Pennsylvania

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

Orchid Guy

Hi, my name is Bill and I have been growing orchids for about 8 years. I started with a couple phals and had success with reblooming them so the bug bit me. I moved on to adding some cattleyas and then some paphs. Soon the bug had devoured me and I now grow about 300 orchids in my basement under lights. I am active in my local orchid society and am a member of AOS. I have had success in showing my orchids but have never had one awarded. I presently have a very eclectic collection but have found my real interest building with paphs and phrags. I have been eliminating some orchids in my collection -- especially dendrobiums and oncidiums --and replacing them with paphs and phrags which I find to be so beautiful and intriguing . I have a lot to learn and feel that this is definately the place to expand my knowledge .

I am a former teacher who left that profession to open a floral design business. I sold that a few years ago and am now floral manager for an upscale food market. My partner and I live in Pennsylvania and enjoy a relatively quiet life enjoying our careers, hobbies, travel and most of all seeing his children becoming successful and caring adults. We also share our life together with a Boston Terrier (terror) and an Old English Sheepdog.

Nice to see you here! You'll find everyone at ST an orchid enabler.

I can honestly say that most here started with one type orchid and before long were chasing other orchid species. It's just something that orchids do to us all.

Presently we have an auction running and it helps pay for this forum. Check it out and enjoy!

Welcome to ST from KY, Bill. Anyone who loves Paphs. and has a crazy-
breed dog collection is a friend of mine. I have five dogs and they run my
household. Funny how they manage that!

WELCOME Bill!
I gave up on dends & oncids too but then there was that one dend that called out to me & by gosh, I'm able to rebloom it! Good Luck in the auctions!

Latest posts

Back