Hello from Ottawa

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

hbathong

Hello everyone.
My name's Ba-Thong, I am in Ottawa, Canada. I've been here for a while but did not post yet. I love this forum with a lot of successful growers and you guys give newbies like me valuable information to adjust the ways we grow slippers, in my opinion is the most difficult variety of orchid to cultivate.
I have gone with this hobby for a year. I am trying with many varieties such as Phalaenopsis, Dendrobium, Cymbidium, Rhynchostylis, Phrags, Paphs to find out which ones are suitable under my conditions. But I am falling in love with Phrags and Paphs, especially species. When the flower opens, I can spend hours, stick around taking picture and looking at that beauty without boring.
I currently have about 20 Phrags and the same number of Paphs. I look forward to receiving my orders from Peruflora and Orchid Inn, they will enlarge my collection.
I believe that I will get more advices from you by participating actively in this forum. Very nice to be here and become a part of this family. Hopefully you will have a great Sunday.

Ba-Thong

Thanks for your warm welcoming.
@ abax: the order from Peruflora: 2 Phrags Kovachii size 3 and 1 Phrag Andreetae.
From Orchid Inn will be 1 Paph Roths at NBS, 2 Roths at large seedling size, 1 Paph Parishii and 1 Flask of Roths.
Hope they all will be happy in my hand. Will see

Ba-Thong

Welcome Ba-Thong from Kitchener!

Are you an Ottawa Orchid Society member? Will you be attending their show this weekend? I may make the 6 hour drive on Saturday if family permits :)

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk

Thank you all.
@ Paph_LdyMacbeth: yes, I am a member of OOS. My place is near the show location so I will have chances to go back and forth. Welcome to Ottawa show.

Back