Hello from Ontario, Canada

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey y'all, names Kat!
Located in SW Ontario, Canada.
Have been a long time orchid lover but more of a slipper admirer. However recently adding more to my collection and want to give them the best chance. Was reccomended by another member so here I am. Can't wait to see everyones plants and read the advice.received_2196862767060868.jpeg

Hello, your paph is a helenae? It is teacup size, very cute. There are quite a few members here from canada, I hope the best for you!!

Thank you all for the welcome!
@spujr I currently have four common phals, one of the "mini" phals and two slipper orchids. (Will attach pictures) I also have many other plants. :)

@troy I'm not entirely sure as it was simply labelled "venus slipper" its not very small though. (Will attach another picture, mayne you can tell)

Thank you @abax thats good to know and hello NY, @NYEric not too far either!

Last edited:
Exactly the response ive recieved haha. Yes very yellow indeed! Well she was, as the flower has finished. Speaking of, I've also been given contradicting tips on what I should do with the wilted stock. To cut or not to cut? That is the question.

Exactly the response ive recieved haha. Yes very yellow indeed! Well she was, as the flower has finished. Speaking of, I've also been given contradicting tips on what I should do with the wilted stock. To cut or not to cut? That is the question.
Yes, I usually cut too, of course depends on the species. In yours, I would cut if it seems like the flowers stop at one. My first paph was very similar to the one you pictured. Got me on the wagon I'm on now. Cheers!

Latest posts

Back