Hello from Manitoba, Canada!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dandrobium

Reaction score
Hello from Winnipeg, MB!

I couldn't help resist joining this forum! Too many questions and so many bloom pictures!

I want to thank you already for all the good info I've read so far. I don't have a huge collection yet, but its growing :p After successfully blooming some phals, a miltassia, and only 1 death so far (crown rot), I've decided to take the slipper plunge! Wish me luck!

Dan

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome!

My very limited slipper collection so far is a pearcei x charmer (???) and a kovachii x richteri. Both are medium seedlings.

Soon to be added though (awaiting shipment!!) are small-medium seedlings of PEOY, St. Swithin, Sanderianum, Fritz Schomberg, and a Kovachii!

Just preparing their new homes for arrival!

Welcome from Montreal! :)

Are you going to grow all your slippers in the same place?
I see warm-hot and cool-intermediate plants in your new acquisitions.

Ps: You also need a besseae. ;)

Thanks everyone!

I'm going to attempt to grow them all in the same place! I have two large plastic trays with walls that come up about 4" on the sides. Ultrasonic humidifier between both tubs. I was thinking of putting a heat mat under one of them for the warm-loving paphs, and leaving the other one with the phrags at room temp. I let the sunroom get down to 60F and it will get fairly warm in there during the day. Just got a max/min thermometer/hygrometer so I don't know exactly how hot it will get in there yet.

I would love to get a besseae, but my wife thinks I'm obsessed already! That'll be in my next order :evil:

Latest posts

Back