Hello from Jersey City!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcgrows

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, have been lurking on here for a few weeks but I finally found some extra time today and decided to introduce myself. As you can tell from my profile picture, I am a hoya collector, but recently acquired a few paphs and phals and I'm obsessed! What's interesting is that a lot of the conditions where hoyas are happiest are also shared with orchids, with light exposure being an important exception.

Here is a picture of my two little paphs together, living in my Ikea cabinet until the humidity increases with the warmer weather. On the left is my delenatii that fills the cabinet with the scent of roses, and a stunning urbanianum. Bought both of these in spike from Orchids Ltd, so I can't take any credit for their blooms but I'm looking forward to nurturing these and getting them to rebloom!

Please let me know if any of you have your orchids growing in Ikea cabinets and if you have any tips!

1675723127282.jpeg

Hi everyone, have been lurking on here for a few weeks but I finally found some extra time today and decided to introduce myself. As you can tell from my profile picture, I am a hoya collector, but recently acquired a few paphs and phals and I'm obsessed! What's interesting is that a lot of the conditions where hoyas are happiest are also shared with orchids, with light exposure being an important exception.

Here is a picture of my two little paphs together, living in my Ikea cabinet until the humidity increases with the warmer weather. On the left is my delenatii that fills the cabinet with the scent of roses, and a stunning urbanianum. Bought both of these in spike from Orchids Ltd, so I can't take any credit for their blooms but I'm looking forward to nurturing these and getting them to rebloom!

Please let me know if any of you have your orchids growing in Ikea cabinets and if you have any tips!

View attachment 38282
I'm about to create my setup with two IKEA Milsbo tall cabinets.

I would just make sure you have a few fans in there at the least and measure your fcs or PAR to see where your light levels are with the Paphs. Some people will say you should give 300-800 fcs and others like the master Brandon Tam would advise as high as 1500 fcs. I would start off with lower light and increase from there. Don't forget to have weather strips to lock in the humidity. Of course have a hygrometer or more in there as well.

I'm about to create my setup with two IKEA Milsbo tall cabinets.

I would just make sure you have a few fans in there at the least and measure your fcs or PAR to see where your light levels are with the Paphs. Some people will say you should give 300-800 fcs and others like the master Brandon Tam would advise as high as 1500 fcs. I would start off with lower light and increase from there. Don't forget to have weather strips to lock in the humidity. Of course have a hygrometer or more in there as well.
Hi, Thanks for all of the comments. Have the fans, hygrometers, and weatherstripping. Also have a light meter. The paphs are about 12 inches from the T5s and so that is about 300-500 footcandles depending on how tall the pot is, which I think is pretty good.

I just received a new Rudsta for my birthday, so that will become a dedicated orchid cabinet. :)

Latest posts

Back