Hello from Italy!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Greenorchid

Hi everyone,
my name's Claudia and i'm an orchidlover from Italy :)
Although my collection mainly comprises botanical Cattleya, Phalaenopsis and other species, i have also some Pahiopedilums and Phragmipediums and i'm passionate of Paphio of the Brachypetalum section and Phragmipediums like schlimii and bessae. I do not have nothing to teach you, but I hope to learn a lot :)

PS: I apologize for my ugly english :D

I forgot to say that i have an orchid forum too ( in Italian): www.greenorchid.forumup.it

Your English is fine. It's your Paphio we hope to improve!:D Welcome from Hoston, TX! P.S .you will learn a lot just stick a round:)

Welcome from Atlanta, Georgia. Do not worry about your English, my Italian is non existant.

Welcome Claudia
If you need any assistance from Peru, my pleisure. Nice pictures of C. maxima, luteola, iricolor and rex.

Isaias M Rolando

:clap: WELCOME Claudia! Your english is fine, any foreign language is non existant with me.:(

Many thanks to everybody for the warm welcome :)
I'm sure I will learn so much about Paphio&Co, i've already taken a look at the posts in the forum...:drool:

Isaias, Cattleya's picture are always welcome, but the species you've nominated are specially...stunning :drool: I have all them, except Cattleya rex :)

But.... i'm going OT, we are here to talk about Paphio...:D

Just two pics ...:)

Paphiopedilum godefroyae var. leucochilum
leucochilum002rc8.jpg

Phragmipedium bessae (..do you recognize a particular cultivar in it?)
pbessae001la5.jpg

As you can see, i've not a greenhouse, i grow my plants in my apartment... Here in Europe (mostly in Italy, cause in Germany things go better...) is not easy to find good Paphio like someone i've seen here...specially the complex hybrids, that I love so much.... they're unavailable....:(

Welcome from Luxembourg Claudia. Even if slippertalk is mainly oriented towards slipper orchids, I could appreciate during the last 5 months that here are a lot of people that do adore and cultivate cattleyas and other non-slipper genera, too :) . Jean

Thanks again:)

Ron, lovely bessae! :drool: Can i ask you why are so different in colour? Different cultivar?

Petals of my beassae are not so round....:(

Claudia,

Welcome!

Your leuchochilum is molto bene! Bravissimo!

I love the Italian forum. I actually understood quite a bit of the Itallian spoken. I see many of the members are from Milano. My father's family was from Avelino.

Grazia!
Peter

Welcome from Australia. I hope you enjoy the forum and I am most impressed with your Paph photo, I hope there is more to come.

Welcome Claudia

My mother's maiden name is DiBiase. Its been a couple generations on this side of the ocean so only my 103 year old Grandmother still speaks any Italian. Your English is much much better than my Italian.

I agree with Heather about your besseae. Does the inflorescence ever branch?

Latest posts

Back