Hello from Italy

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hegel74

Reaction score
Hello to everyone, I'm an orchid addict from Rome. It's long time I read this beautiful forum and now I decided to subscribe, also because, I admit, I need an help with my Phrag yelva myhre. I love Paphio e Phragmipediumm, mainly besseae and its hybrid because I adore red color. I have some success with hybrid but not with besseae species, don't know why, perhaps too warm.

Last edited:
Welcome from Spain, you are in best place to learn about slippers, enjoy a lot!

Hello and a warm welcome to ST from Germany.

......Rome - wow........ I have driven all over the world, but Rome made me sweat!

Indeed, I also was very impressed especially by the historical places and buildings when I visited Rome about 20 years ago.

Thanks to all for your kindness. I'm happy to hear your words Ray and Guru.
Ciao Luciano e ciao spes.
In the US on eBay or other sites I see a lot of super red hybrids like Red Wing, Scarlett ohara, fox valley, etc...here in Italy or Europe nothing. I wonder why?

Last edited:
In the US on eBay or other sites I see a lot of super red hybrids like Red Wing, Scarlett ohara, fox valley, etc...here in Italy or Europe nothing. I wonder why?

See if the Eric Young Foundation is selling plants?

Others might know better but I don't think there is that much wholesale trade of orchids between US and Europe. Most hybrids in Europe seem to originate from Brazil or Asia (especially Thailand and Taiwan). So we don't get that much of the latest US hybrids, but then again I think we do get plenty of stuff they don't, so it's not all bad :) Checkout exoticplantcompany.com, schwerter, assendorfer and wichmann websites, they all have a lot of paphs.

Latest posts

Back