Hello from Holland

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from Belgium - sharing the same dark/wet part of the globe

Both flowers are really nice
...absolutely not "against" any other orchids genus at all, just a bit more "pro" slippers 😇
...if you can create a beautiful pouch/slipper and fool insects to enter it not only once but multiple times to help with your pollination... then they deserve my respect !!

A warm welcome, Justine, from further up North in the EU!
Belgium - sharing the same dark/wet part of the globe
Why complain with yours 8:12 hours of daylight compared to ours 7:21 hours as of today? You win, though, when it comes to rain fall: 850 mm pr. year compared to Copenhagen's 600 mm pr. year.
But still, neither of us should complain when compairing ourselves with the climate of The West Khasi Hills in the Indian state of Meghalaya, that boasts an average, annual rainfall in some areas up to 3000 mm. 😁

Kind regards to both of you! Jens, Copenhagen, Denmark

Last edited:
A warm welcome, Justine, from further up North in the EU!

Why complain with yours 8:12 hours of daylight compared to ours 7:21 hours as of today? You win, though, when it comes to rain fall: 850 mm pr. year compared to Copenhagen's 600 mm pr. year.
But still, neither of us should complain when compairing ourselves with the climate of The West Khasi Hills in the Indian state of Meghalaya, that boasts an average, annual rainfall in some areas up to 3000 mm. 😁

Kind regards to both of you! Jens, Copenhagen, Denmarn
Thanks for the warm welcome Jens and DirGo. Sounds like you have better weather in Denmark but anyway it can be quite nice in Holland for most of the year, it just took a bit of getting used to. The wettest place I've been was in Ecuador, I remember staying at a lodge in the jungle where they had a lot of draculas and masdevallias naturalised in the garden, that was pretty cool. But it was so wet that everything was permanently damp, including the mattresses of the accommodation :D

Latest posts

Back