Hello from Holland

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinR

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I have enjoyed learning from this forum and its knowledgeable members over the last months. I am an Aussie living in Holland for the last 15 years or so, I've been growing orchids on and off for about 30 years. The last couple of years I got more into Cattleyas and thanks to this forum I guess also Paphs. I like the challenge of growing plants from small seedlings, perhaps that is a bit masochistic when it comes to the big multiflorals, but there you go.

I thought it might be a bit of fun to flame the Catts vs Paphs discussion, so here is a post of Cattleya Crystelle Smith vs Paphiopedilum trainlienianum. Which do you prefer and why?
20211231_103648.jpg
Season greetings from Holland,

Justin

Hi Justin, welcome from Cambridge, Uk. Nice blooms! They’re both small and very cute. If you tell me that the catt is scented then that would be my preference but I’ll definitely be in a minority on this forum!
David

Hi Justin, welcome from Cambridge, Uk. Nice blooms! They’re both small and very cute. If you tell me that the catt is scented then that would be my preference but I’ll definitely be in a minority on this forum!
David
Hi David, thanks for the warm welcome. The Catt is not scented, it is (coccinea x luteola) x loddigesii

From Melbourne. My wife is Dutch so I got dragged over to the other side of the world. Almost forgotten what the sun looks like, it's been dark and wet for the last 3 months. But by now I am used to it :D

Welcome from Victoria, BC Canada!

I like them both! They look like minature plants! You should try to grow Cattleya walkeriana and a Mexipedilum xerophyticum.

Hi all, I have enjoyed learning from this forum and its knowledgeable members over the last months. I am an Aussie living in Holland for the last 15 years or so, I've been growing orchids on and off for about 30 years. The last couple of years I got more into Cattleyas and thanks to this forum I guess also Paphs. I like the challenge of growing plants from small seedlings, perhaps that is a bit masochistic when it comes to the big multiflorals, but there you go.

I thought it might be a bit of fun to flame the Catts vs Paphs discussion, so here is a post of Cattleya Crystelle Smith vs Paphiopedilum trainlienianum. Which do you prefer and why?
View attachment 31461
Season greetings from Holland,

Justin
Hello Justin. Looks beautiful, I love the color. Happy New Year.

Welcome from Alicante Spain. I was in Holland the past 2 years, but my orchids demanded a change of climate, so here I am. And not at all unhappy I listened to their appeal :)

Latest posts

Back