Hello from Greece!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kostas

Reaction score
Hello,

I am Konstantinos Giannopoulos from Athens, Greece. I enjoy growing all kinds of tropical plants with a special love for palms and cycads, but I love pretty much everything tropical. I have a tropical garden in Pyrgos, Western Peloponesse, here in Greece and I enjoy growing orchids on trees there. Most seem to grow ok on trees there and some thrive. I had the pleasure of seeing Stanhopea tigrina flowers after 3years of growing them on an olive tree.
I also keep a select few orchids in pots, some favorites that mend well with pot culture and not so well with tree/outdoor culture. Within these are a Paphiopedlium callosum and a Phragmipedium kovackii

I look forward to participating in discussions with you about these beautiful slipper orchids! And enjoying the wealth of information present on your wonderful forum :)

My warm regards,
-Konstantinos :)

Welcome, Konstantinos! I just got back after a stint not growing...

David

Welcome to Slippertalk, Konstantinos -- good to have you here. I'd love to see photos of your orchids growing on trees.

Welcome from a fellow newbie Konstantinos.
Do you have any pictures of the Stanhopea tigrina and other orchids growing on olive trees? Must be a wonderful view!

Thank you for welcoming me!

Just to get an idea:

Just a couple of the species that have flowered on the trees. Last winter was the worst my garden has seen and I had some losses and defoliations but most are recovering well and I think Oncidium gardneri is flowering as I saw an inflorescence last time but I am not there to check now.

welcome from south jersey! feel free to send us some classic greek and mediterranean food anytime :) (man i need lunch)

holy cow! just saw those buds/flowers! very nice

Latest posts

Back