Hello from Florida!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mariauxi

Reaction score
My name is Maria Mantellini. My dad and I have been growing orchids for many years. First in Venezuela (where my father founded Orquidiario Cerro Verde) and now in Doral, Florida since 10 years ago. We have our private collection, mainly cattleya species, most of them produced by us. We are Cattleya species lovers and we have worked to conserve and improve these species. Each flower that opens is always a novelty and a reason for joy. I've been following Slippertalk for some time but hadn't decided to sign up until now. I like to share our blooms, see other plants and read comments from other members. I hope you enjoy our plants!

Attachments

• Collage webpage.png
    Collage webpage.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 2
Hi Maria! Back in 2021 I bloomed my first mossiae, and was upset that the dorsal flopped back down on the seedling. Other members on ST encouraged me to seek out one with better form.. so I did, thanks for the C. mossiae semi alba 'Clara' a few years back! :) I have not bloomed her yet, but when I do, I’ll post it here. I’m very happy you joined ST, looking forward to seeing pictures of your blooms. -Pete

My name is Maria Mantellini. My dad and I have been growing orchids for many years. First in Venezuela (where my father founded Orquidiario Cerro Verde) and now in Doral, Florida since 10 years ago. We have our private collection, mainly cattleya species, most of them produced by us. We are Cattleya species lovers and we have worked to conserve and improve these species. Each flower that opens is always a novelty and a reason for joy. I've been following Slippertalk for some time but hadn't decided to sign up until now. I like to share our blooms, see other plants and read comments from other members. I hope you enjoy our plants!
Welcome, I'm a new member also. But without the decades of growing experience. Your Cattleyas are beautiful.

Welcome, welcome, welcome! Cattleyas are my first love but growing under lights now makes growing them a bit more tricky.
Cattleya walkeriana is my favorite species above all others! Cattleya schilleriana and Cattleya aclandiae are just a couple species that I am trying under lights.
They do perk up when I put them outside for the summer.
Glad you decided to join us! 🥰

Catt growing is a professional sport! Amazing flowers. I hope you post tips and tricks; I’m a total “species snob” so I’m hungry to see your stuff. When you share, please let me beg you always to include a whole-plant photo, vs. just the flower? Personal peccadillo. Welcome!

Welcome, welcome, welcome! Cattleyas are my first love but growing under lights now makes growing them a bit more tricky.
Cattleya walkeriana is my favorite species above all others! Cattleya schilleriana and Cattleya aclandiae are just a couple species that I am trying under lights.
They do perk up when I put them outside for the summer.
Glad you decided to join us! 🥰
I grow catts/Paphs exclusively under LEDs in an environment controlled grow room. Not tricky as long as I don’t overwater in the winter.

Latest posts

Back