Hello from computer hell

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abax

In Remembrance 2023
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been through three weeks of tech and supervisor with Mac and two
150 mile drives in order to finally get my money back from Apple and
return the new MacBookPro for a defect. Now I'm back to a PC and
having to relearn how to use a non-Mac. Cpmputers have changed a
LOT in eight years! Please be patient with me until I figure out what I'm
doing on a PC.

Helllllloooo John!

What a coincidence, I just had to purchase a new PC myself.

Old one stopped being able to "see" USB devices, so I uninstalled he driver and rebooted, so it would self-fix. Only the "fix" apparently included no more operating system...

I was afraid I'd lost everything off of the 500GB SSD, but a $10 cable let me recover everything. Whew!

Old Mac did the same thing Ray. I did manage to save contacts and such,however, Mac and PC operation systems are very, very different.
I'll be pulling out hair before I get the "hang" of this one. In the meantime,
I'll just look around at the Phrags.

Welcome back Angela! I hate going through the learning curve of getting a new machine. However, nowadays, I couldn't run my life or my business without a computer and Internet connection. When I upgraded to my new computer, I was so NOT looking forward to all the changes, that after I bought the new one, I let it sit in the box for a year before I even opened the box and looked at the computer inside! .....And I only was finally driven to do that because my old computer literally died and would not boot up. I did have it fixed and I recovered my files; but, in the meantime, I began the long, tortuous journey of learning all about Windows 10 etc., and my new high speed Internet connection (FINALLY off dial-up!).

Welcome to the jungle John! Windows 10 is so slow compared to my old
Mac...or maybe it's just the computer I bought. I had no idea how to choose
the brand of computer and just bought the kind my nephew has had for five
years without problems. I think all computer components are made in the
same place in Asia anyway.

Latest posts

Back